Georgia/Alabama weather..over 20 killed. everyone from CT alright?

Help Support CattleToday:

That sounds bad as it seems early for tornadoes to hit. Lee County took a beating sounds like.

Rough day yesterday, we are good here, lots of folks aren't. 24 dead, hundreds more lost everything.

Ok here. Several confirmed long track tornadoes just N and and at least one just S of us. Which is highly unusual. This ain't the plains. They are getting more and more common here but are usually short lived. We will have to wait on the NWS to confirm, but according to local weather station one was possibly on the ground for around 100 miles. And that same system supposedly ramped up again when it reached SC. I'm glad we were spared the brunt of it, but my thoughts and prayers go out to the ones that weren't so fortunate. I'm sure they will check in, but GaPrime and Grit should be fine as well.

jltrent said:
That sounds bad as it seems early for tornadoes to hit. Lee County took a beating sounds like.
Not in Alabama, we can get em here year round.. only thing kept us clear yesterday it had cooled down before it hit... In fact we usually get more here then south Ala. gets..we are right in the bullseye..

I have been sending text messages to friends in Alabama this morning so far everyone I know is ok. My heart goes out to the folks that aren't. Tornadoes scare me much more than hurricanes, you just can't prepare for them. Praying for all those that have been impacted by these storms.

gizmom

ALACOWMAN said:
jltrent said:
Not in Alabama, we can get em here year round.. only thing kept us clear yesterday it had cooled down before it hit... In fact we usually get more here then south Ala. gets..we are right in the bullseye..

Looks bad from the news. Those people need all the help they can get.

They need lots of help, many folks from my county are pitching in to help em. We are pretty close, bout 45 or 50 miles. Lotof good people still left in this world.

Saw this on the news here, thinking about those affected. Your tornadoes just seem to strike out of the blue, peoples lives literally turned upside down.

Ken

When I heard about this, this morning, I was wondering about our CT members. I really feel for those folks that have suffered so much loss. Saddened by the loss of life.

Like Gizmom, tornadoes scare the bejeebies out of me! Hurricanes and earthquakes, not so much.

Thankful for our CT members that are okay and sending out prayers for those who are not okay and who have been adversely affected.

That's my home turf. Still have lots of family in Lee Co.; all safe, thankfully - cousin-brother & his family live in Smiths Station/Salem area... said the tornado passed about a mile from their home. Too close for comfort.

Have not looked at Facebook to see if any old friends in the Beauregard area were impacted, but my brother, who's on there all the time, hasn't texted me about anyone injured or killed.

Lucky_P said:
That's my home turf. Still have lots of family in Lee Co.; all safe, thankfully - cousin-brother & his family live in Smiths Station/Salem area... said the tornado passed about a mile from their home. Too close for comfort.

Have not looked at Facebook to see if any old friends in the Beauregard area were impacted, but my brother, who's on there all the time, hasn't texted me about anyone injured or killed.
https://www.facebook.com/WeatherNation/videos/2257462290978761?sfns=mo

ALACOWMAN said:
Lucky_P said:

https://www.facebook.com/WeatherNation/videos/2257462290978761?sfns=mo

Wow. That's horrible. Absolute destruction. If you happen to be directly in the path of one I don't know if you stand a chance above ground. Guess there are a lot of variables that come in to play. Is it because, due to technology and media, that we now are able to know what's happening anywhere in the world in 5 minutes, or are weather patterns changing in the southeast? I know we've had isolated tornadoes over the years in Georgia, but it was basically an anomaly until the last 3-4 years or so. Now it seems like it's EVERY year, at least TWICE a year with multiple tornadoes. And occasionally it's multiple days in a row.
I never thought I'd say it, but I'm seriously thinking about installing a storm shelter.

Latest posts