Generic Draxxin

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
My drug guy dropped off a 250 cc bottle of draxxin. I hadn't seen the bill come through. He said there was a price drop, and they'd take care of the mail in rebate. When that stuff starts, theres usually a generic. Anybody know anything?

They've been offering $100 off a bottle but haven't heard of a generic out yet. That would be nice though. Draxxin is effective but pricey, especially if the dart misses.

This looks like it from the reading..........

Macrosyn and Increxxa contain the same active ingredient (tulathromycin) in the same concentration and dosage form as the approved brand name drug product, Draxxin, which was first approved in 2005. In addition, the FDA determined that Macrosyn and Increxxa contain no inactive ingredients that may significantly affect the bioavailability of the active ingredient.

Last edited:
My vet told me about the rebate on Draxxin. We weighed the costs of the $100 off the 100 ml bottle, to the $200 off the 250 ml bottle, and it comes out a little bit cheaper with the 250ml and the rebate.... But yes, I have been told that there is a gneric and it is about $100 less a 100 ml bottle.... so the rebate helps to bring them down to a similar price range. I just sent in the rebate with a copy of the vet payment..... PITA to do it.... but we needed it and I decided that the 250 bottle was cheaper in the long run. Vet didn't tell me that he had the generic or not.... didn't know about it and didn't ask.

I talked to my med supplier today and he says there is a generic out now but with the Draxxin rebates it's the same price. Maybe a little competition will bring price down who knows. Producers never gonna win I guess

It is good to see a price drop as no doubt it was gouging at the current price. It seems like these companies can always find a way to collude and keep prices at a certain high level.

Why don't they just drop the price instead of having to screw with the damned rebates. I think it is because rebates get used only about 1/2 the time.
They're using the rebate as a temporary way to compete without committing to lowering the price until the dust settles with all of these generics. It's going to be a very crowded market for a while, and not all of the generics are going to get enough market share to keep going. They'll set a price when they see what the survivors are charging and how much market share they're taking.

At a branding last year the sister was giving shots. She grabbed the wrong bottle and gave 50 calves 5 cc of Draxxin each. Used up her brothers entire new bottle of Draxxin. I thought it was pretty funny knowing the brother. For some reason he failed to see the humor.
I bet none got pneumonia at least!

At a branding last year the sister was giving shots. She grabbed the wrong bottle and gave 50 calves 5 cc of Draxxin each. Used up her brothers entire new bottle of Draxxin. I thought it was pretty funny knowing the brother. For some reason he failed to see the humor.
Isn't that about $1250.00 ?? Ouch!! I never coulf afford a 250, I have my vet get me a 100CC bottle and I fill the little 50CC to take to the field..

My 250 ml bottle was about 1150?.... with the rebates it will cost me about 950.... But a 100 ml bottle will cost about 450 after the rebate... so cheaper for the 250 ml in the long run.... put it on the cc and that gives me another 30 days or more to make sure I have the money to pay it off... Sometimes it pays to "juggle" the cc when a big purchase as long as you pay it off the next month so no interest. You have to be disciplined but I am finding that it makes things a little better when I need it now and can pay it off in 30-45 days when I know that I will have money and not be strapped....

May I ask why so many of you are using Draxin? Are these farm cattle your using it on? I get market cattle probably 25 times a year and have never bought Draxin. But I am serious about my vaccine program the moment they are unloaded in my barn. Inforce 3 and Presponse are given to everything as they come in and Inforce 3 is given to every calf born on the farm and again when weaned with Presponse then also.

I bought a 100cc bottle a few years ago.. I'm way out from any supply, so I have to keep stuff on hand.. it's sure worked great on navel ill and pneumonia, and the cost to dose a calf is really not much, a 2500 lb bull on the other hand is a serious chunk of money just for the drug

May I ask why so many of you are using Draxin? Are these farm cattle your using it on? I get market cattle probably 25 times a year and have never bought Draxin. But I am serious about my vaccine program the moment they are unloaded in my barn. Inforce 3 and Presponse are given to everything as they come in and Inforce 3 is given to every calf born on the farm and again when weaned with Presponse then also.
What do you use to treat sick cattle? Even with a good vaccination program you're going to see some pneumonia occasionally.

Latest posts