Gelbvieh bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you bull shopping or do you have new neighbors? Lotta beef in a moderate package.

Looks like perfect bull for a Red Angus based cow herd. Or even a Hereford based herd. Heck put that over a Gert or Beefmaster female. Can think of allot of situations where those guys would work. I never quite seen the Black version of Gelbveih that deep or muscled.

Put down the wire cutters ALACOWMAN.

u4411clb":24zeg9fg said:
Looks like perfect bull for a Red Angus based cow herd. Or even a Hereford based herd. Heck put that over a Gert or Beefmaster female. Can think of allot of situations where those guys would work. I never quite seen the Black version of Gelbveih that deep or muscled.

My Black isn't that deep, (My next Gelbveih is going to be a red) he is well mucsled. And i did put hem over beefmasters.

u4411clb":1xwayqej said:

. Can't even afford to steal these boys, high dollar bulls...they are with red angus cows, you've probably seen them in Jones valley during breeding season..

Nice boys for sure.. and I have also found the blacks gelbvieh aren't as deep or muscled as the reds.. and it's true, there aren't many (any?) breeds they don't work with. We got ours in an emergency, so it was kindof an accident, and the best one that ever happened here.

ALACOWMAN":2viehv4e said:
u4411clb":2viehv4e said:

. Can't even afford to steal these boys, high dollar bulls...they are with red angus cows, you've probably seen them in Jones valley during breeding season..

If they are being used on that outfit I probably can't afford the fee to take a picture. They are a top notch outfit over there in Jones Valley. Have lasted when allot of the "Big Time" breeders in this area have come and gone.

u4411clb":2d8l1rn3 said:
ALACOWMAN":2d8l1rn3 said:
u4411clb":2d8l1rn3 said:

If they are being used on that outfit I probably can't afford the fee to take a picture. They are a top notch outfit over there in Jones Valley. Have lasted when allot of the "Big Time" breeders in this area have come and gone.
being multi millionaires helps to hang on a while to :cowboy:

Nesikep":2q7xu71d said:
Nice boys for sure.. and I have also found the blacks gelbvieh aren't as deep or muscled as the reds.. and it's true, there aren't many (any?) breeds they don't work with. We got ours in an emergency, so it was kindof an accident, and the best one that ever happened here.
seems they get watered down in the process, like when they get the homozygous black locked in, they figure their done..,

Yep.. I'm sure DocHarris has something to say about how they got there too, and for as much as I can tell it looks to be the truth.. perhaps that is changing a little now.

Honestly I think there should be no black gelbviehs,... they are by definition "Gold Cows"... leave 'em well enough alone at that.

Latest posts