Gator tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
I was given a 2000 gator by my cousin, it wouldnt run, but I got it going, but my main problem is the tires. Seems like everytime I take it out, I end up repairing a flat on it. Are there better tires or something that will help keep them from going flat as often? Any type of filler that you guys use or maybe a different set of tires? Its a 4x6

I use SLIME in mine. Works pretty good. It is kinda expensive but worth the extra. I have a 6x6 and keep it in all 6 tires. What are you getting in the tires to have that many flats?

Could be the tires are just rotten. New tires (very pricey) would solve that problem

Oh its mainly when I happen to run over a stob with splinters or things like that. Dun, I think you are right, it may be the tires are old. I am sure new ones are very pricey

I put Berryman's Tire Sealer in all of our AVT, UTV, Lawn tires and tractor tires that don't have fluid. Works great on thorns and small punchers like that.

I noticed on my XR500 the difference a quality tire makes in the treadwear.. The ChengShin, and all those brands cost about $100 around here, but they're a soft compound, and in gravel and shale, they get eaten up... I wore about 3/16th off the rear tire in a 60 mile ride, and that's before I was really used to the bike. Now I spent $180 on a Dunlop tire, and it wears much better, the leading edges of the treads stay sharper, giving you better traction through the life of the tire. Oh, and I have a trailer hitch on the bike and routinely tow a 600 lb trailer, so it gets some hard work.

And yes, that tire is STIFF... I'm quite sure I could ride it flat if I was nice to it... When its off the rim you can sit on it and it doesn't fold or collapse.

yeah they were pricey but flats suck the worst...i hate flats amost as much as a dead battery

those tires have run over metal scrap/blackberry/holly you name it. they might be bulletproof..lemme know