Gates

Help Support CattleToday:

klm3030

Reaction score
Any opinions on Powder River gates, I am going to need a few, not heavy duty but just keep them honest type.

Don't know em. But from the picture they look better than most. Appear to at least have a decent hinge unlike most store bought gates with the strap-on hinges. I'd say I would buy them at that price.

priced a little high to me. around here you can buy new light duty gates for about the same price.

For comparison, Preifert 12' 'economy' gates (green) were running about $120 last time I checked and they re pretty good tho I'm not terribly fond of they hinge they use. Not a pressure area type gate.

If they show no rust or damage buy what you need. I can't see them getting more affordable in the foreseeable future.

They look like the same powder river gates that they put in their now gates. We have some that started life in the Chicago Stock Yards, then got bought by the local sale barn when the stock yards closed. We bought them when the sale barn closed in '10. They have been used and abused. The bottoms have been fixed but the top round rail is still like new.
At that price, I'd buy what you need plus a couple extra. It never hurts to have a couple on hand.

priced a little high to me. around here you can buy new light duty gates for about the same price.

DANG WE NEED old Kenny to pick us up some gates and you to show him where. And Callmefence to not pass up a good deal. I understand that.

I have an assortment of gates out in the corral. I would buy those Powder River gates in a heart beat. I have a 14 footer out here that is the same gate as those in the ad. Two times I have had a 1,000 pound heifer hanging on the top of that gate before going on over. The gate is still straight as it was new. If those gates were around here I would be driving right now even though I don't need them today.

Does my chili taco soup whatever ya'll called it look any better? 3 different types chili beans. Hahahaha for all ya'll bean lovers. Haha. Than I hit it with some squash healthy some crap crackers with jalapeno pimento cheese.... not sure about all that but it's food I guess. Maybe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-222155_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-222155_Gallery.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts