Reaction score
Built this rig for control grazing

P3302160.jpg

P3302161.jpg

P3302162.jpg

P3302163.jpg

P3302164.jpg

Ya'll are cracking me up.

Ok, I'll try to explain (even though I am not very good)

The timer activates the solonoid which pulls the trigger on the rat trap,the rat trap goes off, pulls the pin out of the U bolt that is holding the gate shut. :mrgreen:

It is set to go off at 3:30 every day, so when I get home from work I run them back off and set the gate again. Works good for me, I've got 5 of them.

So do you have a spring on the gate to pull it open or do the cows have to learn to push it or wait till the wind opens it. Or are they off level like most of mine.

edit. by the way ingenius! :tiphat:

So do you have a spring on the gate to pull it open or do the cows have to learn to push it or wait till the wind opens it. Or are they off level like most of mine.

Alot of the gates are off level, the ones that ain't I tie a rope to a tree or the fence with a weight in the middle.
I tried to make a portable one but it was not heavy enough and the cows kept knocking the gate open. I have to do some fine tuning to that one. :mrgreen:

Mattyboy- you and my dad would have got on well. He made a 'trip switch' for my dam and I sometimes still wonder how it works :lol:but it works!

Latest posts