Gasoline Shortages

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
In my small home town in Arkansas with a population of 10,000 people......most of the gasoline at stations has been depleted as the result of north bound Texans. I talked to someone 1.5 hours northeast of me and the same thing is occuring. My employer let everyone leave an hour earlier today so they could fill their tank up before all the gasoline was depleted. Per gallon prices are $4-5.

Heads up!

In a small town just south of me the gas station was charging $8/gal. Panic buying. My wife saw it at $5.59 in our town. Store was run by some dot heads. Where I buy my fuel, he was still charging $3.89 but he is a local boy and is planning on being in business after this is over.

I filled my Toyota truck up with gas last night,it was $3.44 a gallon,filled my ton truck with diesel it was $3.97. This afternoon gas is $4.65 same station. Diesel stayed the same price $3.97.

Gas went up here about 15 cents today. I filled up the duelly and the diesle was still $3.94 which is the same it has been for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Jogeephus":3llbsw6f said:
Why, may I ask, are you still in Texas with that monster coming your way? Nads!? ;-) :lol2:

Texas is a huge state...not everyone in TX is in harm's way...

Alice

Gas yesterday was $3.67. This morning $3.95. This afternoon $4.19. Tonight $4.27. These prices all at the same station- a major chain that pretty well sets the price for gas in small town south Ga.

People here have went plumb loco. They are saying a major gas line has busted somewheres overseas and that gas would be 7 dollars a gallon in the morning. I went to fill up this morning the gas was $3.69 cents a gallon. Well coming on the way back home people were lined up to fill their gas tanks up im like what in the heck? I asked some people what was going on and they told me about the gas line. The gas at that pump was 4 dollars a gallon. After I got some gas i noticed several gas stations were out of gas. One gas station that had gas was $4.89 cents a gallon to $5 bucks a gallon. I have no idea whats really going on I havent got to watch the news it dont come on till 11 tonite. If it goes up to 7 bucks a gallon there is gonna be major problems.

Jogeephus":w4ek922f said:
Why, may I ask, are you still in Texas with that monster coming your way? Nads!? ;-) :lol2:

haha pretty much. Wind isnt goign to blow me away. Going to be an interesting day if it comes like the whether man says. 70-100mph winds. as for rain and flooding not really expecting too much flooding, the water has plenty of places to go. havent really watched the whether to see how much we will get. but im pretty far inland. Bryan, Texas

CattleHand":5axe67xy said:
Jogeephus":5axe67xy said:

haha pretty much. Wind isnt goign to blow me away. Going to be an interesting day if it comes like the whether man says. 70-100mph winds. as for rain and flooding not really expecting too much flooding, the water has plenty of places to go. havent really watched the whether to see how much we will get. but im pretty far inland. Bryan, Texas

You are what 130 miles from the coast? Be careful. I'm sure you will. Its not so much the wind blowing you away that concerns me but its what the wind is blowing your way is what's the killer. I'm a good 8 hours from new orleans and we still suffered some wind damage from Fay and Fay doesn't look nearly as big as this one.

Gas went up from $3.649 Friday to $3.999 , if you could find it . Alabama Gov declared a state of emergiency over this around 5pm Friday. Panic buying is going to show up in shortage's in the next day or so. My wife so po'd she called the Gov of the State(got to talk to him), Sec of State, and Attorney General, don't make that woman mad she gets revenge , she cussed out a convinence store owner , told him to go back to what ever rock he came out from under, he jumped gas from $3.759 to $4.259 in 10 minutes changed the pumps not the adv sighn . Those found guilty of price inflation showed be fined $100,000.00 , prohibed from selling gas for 6 months, second offense fined $1,000,000.00 and not be able to ever sale gas in the state of Alabama ever or their family members make it hard hit their pocket book is the only way to stop this junk from happing again

On 9/11 some of the stations jacked the price way up, their doors are still shuttered. The state attorny genral slammed them so hard that they went out of business. That sort of crap doesn;t happen aorund here anymore.

A lot of stations around here closed their pumps yesterday. I guess if the price goes to $5 or $6 they'll open them back up.

Some Michigan stations were jacking up their prices yesterday, said it was cuz of the storm!!! Any reason they can find to gouge us is jumped on. :mad:

Latest posts