Gasoline prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Pretty quiet this morning so I'll throw this bit of news out for all to enjoy.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... gas25.html

"When the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline peaked at $3.07 recently, it was partly because the nation's refineries were receiving an estimated 99 cents on each gallon sold. That was more than three times the amount they earned a year ago when regular unleaded was selling for $1.87.
Companies that pump oil from the ground swept in an additional 47 cents on each gallon, a 46 percent jump over the same period.
If motorists are the big losers in the spectacular run-up in gas prices, the companies that produce the oil and turn it into gasoline are the clear winners. By contrast, truckers who transport gasoline, companies that operate pipelines and gas-station owners have profited far less.
The spikes caused by Hurricane Katrina — which heavily damaged oil production and refining in the Gulf region — accentuated gains the refiners and producers already were enjoying over the past year.
Exxon Mobil, the Irving, Texas, behemoth that produces and refines oil, reported in July that its second-quarter profit was up 32 percent, to $7.64 billion. Analysts expect Exxon's profit to soar again this quarter."

I read somewhere yesterday that New Jersey was sueing a couple of fuel companies. I think is was Hess, Motiva Shell and Sunoco. This is for artificially inflating gas prices and for increasing prices more than the once-a-day legal limit. Station operators where being sued also. What I saw down here when Katrina was still in the gulf was one station bump its price and the one next door did and back and forth. Our stations were jumping pricing more than once a day and did not receive any new loads of fuel. Our Ag commissioner said he was going come down hard on them.

HE HASN'T DONE SQUAT! He said the same last year when we got hit by three hurricanes. I think he fined two stations or something $1000. BIG DEAL. Trust me I won't vote for him again even if they show pictures of him on a horse on somebody else's ranch like the did during the last election.

On my way to the auction Sunday I passed a Hess that had on road diesel for $2.62 in another city. I made a mental note and stopped and filled my in bed aux tank. Across the street it was $2.79. Anywhere from $2.89 to $3.05 here.

i havent noticed how much diesel is at the stores but i do know we have a $10 limit on it. i guess you have to drive around the block a few times to fill up..

Beefy":e2lyrwpb said:
i havent noticed how much diesel is at the stores but i do know we have a $10 limit on it. i guess you have to drive around the block a few times to fill up..

$10 limit on diesel or fuel in general? Whenever I go to GA I get just enough to get me there. Then when heading back into FL I fill everything I have. It is usually is $.20/gal cheaper in GA than FL. I plan to head up to GA the end of Oct. Will I only be able to buy $10 at a time?

thats just for deisel and i doubt its like that everywhere, its just that we're in a very agricultural area

The prices had gone down for the past couple of weeks here, but they're creeping up again now. Diesel (road) is $2.99 and regular is $2.85. A couple of stations in town are over $3.00

Biggest problem I have is the 500 gall on deisel tank just went dry. I ain't filling it up at these prices. I'm buying it in 5 gallon cans until the prices come back down.

diesel was down here to $3.05 for about a week and now it's up to 3.19. before the drop it was at 3.25. reg unleaded is at 2.99 i think.

Latest posts