Gas powered pole saws

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch

Reaction score
Need to clear some high limbs from a fenceline and don't have anyone to put me up there in the tractor bucket with the chainsaw. I was looking at an Echo. Those of you that have one are you happy with them ?

I have a Stihl and think it's great. One use that I really liked it w=fro is reaching into areas that have a tangle of down stuff from ice storms or wind damage. You can stand back far enough that when things go TWANG you're out of the way. After the pressures are relieaved a standard chainsaw finishes the job.

I have a Stihl, too, and like it real well. It was about the only choice around here when I was looking for one.

I've had a Stihl for over ten years and love it. Very few problems and I am amazed at how much I use it. My trees are trimmed up higher than I could have imagined and I can mow around them with a big tractor easily. Don't be afraid of spending the money on a pole saw, it is money well spent.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3wgjmflr said:
Need to clear some high limbs from a fenceline and don't have anyone to put me up there in the tractor bucket with the chainsaw. I was looking at an Echo. Those of you that have one are you happy with them ?

I bought the echo because the dealer would cut some off of the price and I like it okay. The local sthil dealer has his price marked and will not budge.

I bought a new Stihl with the interchangeable tools recently. You can get a weed eater, pole saw, tiller, blower, and other attachments that are easily changed from the powerhead.

The outfit is very powerful. You can also buy extensions to make it as long as you want.

I recommend it highly.

http://www.stihlusa.com/multitask/

We have an Echo chainsaw and pole saw both. I just about wore out the chainsaw on mesquite and replaced it with a Stihl for my own use. The pole saw works very well but it hasn't been subjected to anywhere near the years of use and abuse the Echo chainsaw has.

I'm not sure of the warranty on stihl, but i do know that an echo comes with a 5 year warranty, and it's also commercial grade.

Still trying to justify the expense. Oddly enough the small engine shop that I frequent told me the Echo is a better pole saw than a Stihl. This came from a man that sells both. I was surprised to hear him tell me that since 90% of his inventory is Stihl products. I have had good luck with Echo chain saws and string trimmers.

Pulled the trigger today and bought an Echo. Second biggest one they make with a 10" bar and fixed height pole. The bigger one with the 12" bar and telescopic pole must have weighed twice as much. Couldn't see holding that one up in the air for very long.
Cut alot of overhanging limbs today on a fenceline and was very impressed at how well it works.

Thanks for all the help.

Do not buy a cheap poulan. I am going to wrap mine around a tree one day.

Latest posts