Garden is done

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch

Reaction score
Planted our garden today. Put in corn,maters,peppers,(sweet&hot),brocoli,carrots,radish,lettuce,watermelons,cantalope,cucumbers,onions and some sunflowers for the border. My orchard is in full bloom.We have cherry,apple,peach,pear and plum trees. Wife is happy as a meadowlark. If Momma ain't happy,ain't nobody happy. Good for me. :lol:

I think we'll finally get rid of our snow today. Supposed to get in the 70's. We had a snow day last week and all that has to melt.

Just curious, what is your safe planting date, ie, last frost day. According to the extension service, where I live it is May 10. I am going to plant my peat pots for transplant today with watermelons and a few late day punkin varieties.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3d2a02ke said:
Planted our garden today. Put in corn,maters,peppers,(sweet&hot),brocoli,carrots,radish,lettuce,watermelons,cantalope,cucumbers,onions and some sunflowers for the border. My orchard is in full bloom.We have cherry,apple,peach,pear and plum trees. Wife is happy as a meadowlark. If Momma ain't happy,ain't nobody happy. Good for me. :lol:

Ok now you can come and plant mine! :) Sounds like you did good.

Old timers say when the mesquites leaf out the last frost has passed. Well this year we had frost and snow well after the mesquite bloom. I think I am going to use tax day,April 15 as a safe date from now on.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":hhnzkhyo said:
Old timers say when the mesquites leaf out the last frost has passed. Well this year we had frost and snow well after the mesquite bloom. I think I am going to use tax day,April 15 as a safe date from now on.

Thunder in February means freeze in April. Therefore, don't plant when it thunders in February until the late freeze in April has passed.

Latest posts