Games On Horseback...

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":v9bts56b said:
I would hope not. I apologize if i misunderstood your post.

Thats OK lol. You really didn't misunderstand it I don't think. I think you nailed it to the wall centered it and framed it. You were right 100 percent. I know my limits....well as far as when its time to get everyone off the horses LOL

Where have I heard that line before? Hmmmmm, lets see....might have been from the guy who had a beer or two and then drove to the store at the request of his wife to get something 'but, he knew his limits'...might have been from the guy who had a farm accident 'but, he knew his limits'....actually it was a multitude of places. The bottom line is that beer and horses don't mix - in ANY quantity. If you don't care about your own life, at least have the courtesy and caring to respect your girlfriends life and don't injure her. I'll get off my soapbox now and thank you for listening.

msscamp":2fssfs4y said:
Where have I heard that line before? Hmmmmm, lets see....might have been from the guy who had a beer or two and then drove to the store at the request of his wife to get something 'but, he knew his limits'...might have been from the guy who had a farm accident 'but, he knew his limits'....actually it was a multitude of places. The bottom line is that beer and horses don't mix - in ANY quantity. If you don't care about your own life, at least have the courtesy and caring to respect your girlfriends life and don't injure her. I'll get off my soapbox now and thank you for listening.

LOL :) anytime camp. I know "everyone knows their limits" right, LOL

Like I said (ROFL) when she fell out of the saddle we were both sober as could be actually we might have been hungover LOL just kiddin ;-) It scared the pi** out of me when she fell but I knew everything was ok when she started laughin' her hind end off. I jumped off and helped her back on. she was fine just laughin' awful hard. LOL

I have a couple of rackets around somewhere with a few years of dust on them. :p It really sounds like a great deal of fun.
The horses I ride are use to me holdng a pole or flag of some sort, but wonder how they would react to a racket swinging over their head? :shock: :lol: The QH will be fine (he's a ham), the Paint will freak out for a bit, :shock: :nod: I don't know what the TB will do.......should be pretty interesting and funny to watch. :D :lol:

I've had a couple of wrecks, I try real hard to avoid them.... ouch. :( I know the horse appreciates it too.

Would have really enjoyed watching you and your friends....bet it was fun. :lol:
Thanks for the great ideas........

Wilson_Cattle_Company":1h5aajit said:
don't advise you to wear wrangler cut offs in the saddle... itll make ur legs raw :shock:

Cut offs? not happening! ouch :eek:

I do know a lady that wears shorts to ride in.....much stronger woman than me, or just has some real tough skin. :lol:

How does the "rescue race" work?

Just_a_girl":3h5i8qrm said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":3h5i8qrm said:
don't advise you to wear wrangler cut offs in the saddle... itll make ur legs raw :shock:

Cut offs? not happening! ouch :eek:

I do know a lady that wears shorts to ride in.....much stronger woman than me, or just has some real tough skin. :lol:

How does the "rescue race" work?

Well that was a one time only deal ;-) I never wear shorts but Rach wanted me to that day, don't know why..... :roll: She likes to keep me confused I guess :shock: :lol: ;-)

I don't know how rescue race works.........never even heard of it. :?:

Teams of two people.

One mounted, one on the ground.

One on the ground stands at far end of arena. One on horseback waits at other end with other horseback members of other teams.

At the horn, mounted one roars over to one on ground and swings them onto their saddle as turning horse.

Both members of team hang on for dear life as first team across finish line without one member bucked off wins rescue race.

Take care and best tried not with green broke horses or ungraceful ground members.

CattleAnnie":2x0koyqn said:
Teams of two people.

One mounted, one on the ground.

One on the ground stands at far end of arena. One on horseback waits at other end with other horseback members of other teams.

At the horn, mounted one roars over to one on ground and swings them onto their saddle as turning horse.

Both members of team hang on for dear life as first team across finish line without one member bucked off wins rescue race.

Take care and best tried not with green broke horses or ungraceful ground members.

OH! Thanks CA. LOL I was watching Americas Funniest Home deals on the TV while back and I saw this. ROFL
There was a couple doing this, the gal ridin and the guy on the ground she came chargin for him and he reached up and grabbed the tire swing ROFL THE HORSE BUTTED THAT POOR OL GUY IN THE NUTS WITH HIS HEAD.
:help:

:lol:

TennCattleMan57":2dsc9jcn said:
Uhhhhhhhh lol there is a horse game that they play in afghanistan. I call it goat polo. Basically they drop a dead goat on the ground and the horseman try to be the first one to pick it up without dismounting and then turn around and go the other way. Kind of like capture the flag so to speak only this has a goat involved. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHe.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts