Guess on Gelding age?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hi all!

What age would you put this guy at? He's grade so I don't have any papers on him. I was researching the Galvayne's Groove before checking out his teeth, but I'm not seeing it. I am about 0% expert.

What would you guys say?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 74A23B1A-2413-4BE9-9C33-23173731F255.jpeg
    74A23B1A-2413-4BE9-9C33-23173731F255.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 3E1A637A-6F4A-4182-928C-EECE2ABCF524.jpeg
    3E1A637A-6F4A-4182-928C-EECE2ABCF524.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Hi all!

What age would you put this guy at? He's grade so I don't have any papers on him. I was researching the Galvayne's Groove before checking out his teeth, but I'm not seeing it. I am about 0% expert.

What would you guys say?

Thanks!
He doesn't look that old (14+2?) to me. I was thinking about twelve. The tooth angle is still pretty in line top to bottom... but that's just a guess from the photos.

Got any good shots of the whole animal?

Very
He doesn't look that old (14+2?) to me. I was thinking about twelve. The tooth angle is still pretty in line top to bottom... but that's just a guess from the photos.

Got any good shots of the whole animal?
Very hard to interpret from photos as I can't see the tables of teeth clearly but the overall shape of the teeth suggest closer to the 12 mark. I think that the Galvayne's groove is just starting to appear on the gum line. If he was 16 the groove would be very obvious.

Ken

Very

Very hard to interpret from photos as I can't see the tables of teeth clearly but the overall shape of the teeth suggest closer to the 12 mark. I think that the Galvayne's groove is just starting to appear on the gum line. If he was 16 the groove would be very obvious.

Ken
Thank you for the reply! That's what I was thinking about the Galvayne's. I was wondering if I was just reading it wrong. I've always had my doubts on his age!

Hi all!

What would you guys say?

Thanks!

Looking at the photos I'd say 15+ years old but how well have his teeth been taken care of in the past? Guessing age on an older horse is a crap shoot I could be way off

Latest posts