Funny picture

Help Support CattleToday:

ellen&dan

Reaction score
Dani, and her Foundation 4 year old Quarterhorse Tiffy...Not sure who is the most uncomfortable during this pregnancy test! She's a good friend of ours. Dani just took the course to preg check horses. the vet charged 80$ to do a preg exam, so she decided to try it herself. I have bred and preg-checked cows for years, but I have to admit horses are differnt. After she checked tiffy, Dani wanted me to try it. This is the first time I checked a horse. I have to admit it takes some muscle, she had a good laugh watching me trying to get my arm far enough "in" the horse. she made it look much easier! Anyway, she'll probably have another good laugh when I tell her I shared this on the board. And yes, tiffy was pregnant!
ellen
dani.jpg

ALACOWMAN":2x4qvzvl said:
looks like you need more restraint. good way too get broke up.

Yeah,that was my first thought also....

I have palpated mares for my sister out in the pasture, but only certain ones. Some mares are just not safe to do this way. I've heard of people using lidocane in the lube, does this make a differance?

Very true,
she has mares that she puts in the stocks. There are only a couple she will do out in the pasture. Lidocaine may be added to the lubricant to ease the discomfort during the exam. She does use some in the lube, It seems to make a differance, espeacialy in smaller mares. She said they recomended this in school.