Fun do-ens

Help Support CattleToday:

In 2006 I lost my home, farm buildings, and equipment to an f3 tornado. My wife and children were unharmed. I learned what is really important in life. Pray for those that have lost loved ones. They cannot be replaced.

Bigfoot":csqq6x1r said:
In 2006 I lost my home, farm buildings, and equipment to an f3 tornado. My wife and children were unharmed. I learned what is really important in life. Pray for those that have lost loved ones. They cannot be replaced.
:) Yes.

Now that I know the danger is passed I have to ask, what did you and Mrs. Dun do down in that dark cellar for an hour?

Jogeephus":1phhxyxf said:
Now that I know the danger is passed I have to ask, what did you and Mrs. Dun do down in that dark cellar for an hour?
Watched storm/tornado news on tv.

dun":2ycfp6ll said:
Jogeephus":2ycfp6ll said:

Yeah. Ok. I forgot this is a family board. :hide: :lol2:

Jogeephus":3qc1v4c0 said:
dun":3qc1v4c0 said:
Jogeephus":3qc1v4c0 said:

Yeah. Ok. I forgot this is a family board. :hide: :lol2:
Waht else could we do with the dog watching?

Glad you are OK. Is your 'fraidy hole' outdoors, indoors, underground? We don't get anything like that here so I'm very interested to find out more. Do you stock them out with medical and food supplies? It must be quite an experience sitting in one whilst you know havoc is being caused up above.

alisonb":1m5hz36m said:
Glad you are OK. Is your 'fraidy hole' outdoors, indoors, underground? We don't get anything like that here so I'm very interested to find out more. Do you stock them out with medical and food supplies? It must be quite an experience sitting in one whilst you know havoc is being caused up above.
It;s an old cellar behind the house that is 3/4 underground. Cement walls, floor and roof with a steel cellar type door on it doing down stairs to the inside. Ours has electric (that I put in) a drain hole if it fills with water and a steel shuttered window 4 inches high and 12 inches long that is just above ground level. We keep it stocked with whatever we might need for an emergency, i.e blankets, food, water, etc. Only problem is that it doesn;t get cell pone service buried in the ground as it is and I haven;t bothered to lay phone wires to it. If anything gets hit around here it's bound to take out the telephone poles anyway. We have a little 12inch TV that gets a signal from a toy looking (rabbit ears) type of antenna

Glad to hear everything is ok. we are getting strong storms in w. v. If this happens in feb. -march what is april and may gonna be like?

Latest posts