friggatriskaidekaphobia

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
That's quite a word but to some it is a serious matter. Are you superstitious at all or will you go about today like any other day?

I have an old neighbour that refuses to go to town on Friday 13th, we always joke about it but he won't be swayed.

Would not say I'm superstitious but I'd never never walk under a ladder :p :lol2:

I am not superstitious. My birthday falls on a Friday the thirteenth when it lines up that way. I saw that word recently in a word game.

I hate for a black cat to run in front of me..Hope this does not give anybody bad luck.....lol

giphy.gif

I've been in Dallas at a hospital with my MIL all week. For days before, I kept having dreams of elevator accidents. Havent taken a elevator the whole time except for when I brought her here. She's very slow and all I could think was, "This is where it happens!!!" At the hotel, they asked what floor I wanted on, I glanced at the elevator and said, first floor. We are suppose to leave today, but, I don't want to drive home today, the 13th....I've avoided any elevator accident, maybe it wasn't a elevator accident my dreams were warning me about. We've hurtled safely over so many task this week, drove 2 hours in pouring rain from 4am to 6am, getting here on time. Me not having to make the decision to pull the plug if they have to remove her leg, as she instructed as they wheeled her off. She's recovering great, doing great, has both legs still. Now, I have to worry about the drive home on the 13th. Oh, and she has to get in a elevator one more time. And I just glance at the TV where a guy is saving a dog from a elevator accident....oy.... why did it have to be the 13th...WHY!!!

cowgirl8 said:
I've been in Dallas at a hospital with my MIL all week. For days before, I kept having dreams of elevator accidents. Havent taken a elevator the whole time except for when I brought her here. She's very slow and all I could think was, "This is where it happens!!!" At the hotel, they asked what floor I wanted on, I glanced at the elevator and said, first floor. We are suppose to leave today, but, I don't want to drive home today, the 13th....I've avoided any elevator accident, maybe it wasn't a elevator accident my dreams were warning me about. We've hurtled safely over so many task this week, drove 2 hours in pouring rain from 4am to 6am, getting here on time. Me not having to make the decision to pull the plug if they have to remove her leg, as she instructed as they wheeled her off. She's recovering great, doing great, has both legs still. Now, I have to worry about the drive home on the 13th. Oh, and she has to get in a elevator one more time. And I just glance at the TV where a guy is saving a dog from a elevator accident....oy.... why did it have to be the 13th...WHY!!!

Watch out for those black cats. If a black cat crosses your path while your driving, turn your hat around backwards and mark an X on your windshield to prevent bad luck.

I used to be as a kid. I did some "research" on it while playing hockey. Ate the same things, didn't wash clothes, got dressed the same way. None of it affected the outcome so I gave up on superstition.

The wife says Friday the 13th is lucky. That is because she was born on a Friday the 13th. I do avoid walking under ladders but that is just common sense. I avoid walking under anything that might fall on me. A hold over from my rodeo days. I wouldn't let anyone put my hat on a bed.

I'll remember the hat thing. Staying another night so I'll spend the day with my sister. Now I have to survive her angry driving.

I am a numbers person. I was induced when I was pregnant and even convinced them to wait a day so my son wouldn't have a number 4 in his birthdate. I got married on a lucky day, had to push our wedding to October way back when to hit a good day. We celebrate things like first 100 days of life. We gamble in patterns and back out when certain cards come in certain orders. Etc. My husband is half Chinese. It's a Chinese thing.

Frigga, mother of Thor, wife of Odin, and Norse goddess of love. Did anybody ever read comic books besides me?

cowgal604 said:
I am a numbers person. I was induced when I was pregnant and even convinced them to wait a day so my son wouldn't have a number 4 in his birthdate. I got married on a lucky day, had to push our wedding to October way back when to hit a good day. We celebrate things like first 100 days of life. We gamble in patterns and back out when certain cards come in certain orders. Etc. My husband is half Chinese. It's a Chinese thing.

please excuse my ignorance, what does a number 4 in a birthdate have to do with anything?

ALACOWMAN said:
Broke my leg calf roping on Friday the 13th..not superstitious, but I think about that every time it rolls around.. :cowboy:

I tore up a shoulder on June 10. The next year on June 10 I dislocated my elbow. I blamed it on darn horses that buck.

ccr said:
cowgal604 said:

please excuse my ignorance, what does a number 4 in a birthdate have to do with anything?

In Cantonese, one of the native Chinese languages, the pronunciation for the number four sounds very much like the pronunciation of the word for "death." For this reason, it is not only in the practice of feng shui but for all of Chinese culture that four is regarded as an unlucky number

My son ended up coming on the number 26. Means "easy luck". Much better than 24 meaning "easy death". I know haha. Lots of hocus pocus

And folks use to plant by the signs in the Zodiac. Actual when you look at the Old Farmers Almandic you will find more good days to plant than bad ones. Never really thought about until my MIL came to visit and I was planting peas in the garden she told me that the moon signs were not right for planting that I was planting in the blooming signs and the peas would bloom and not have many peas. Like a smartazz I told her I am not planting on the moon but in the garden. But the end of the story she was right I did not make enough peas to pick.

ga.prime said:
Frigga, mother of Thor, wife of Odin, and Norse goddess of love. Did anybody ever read comic books besides me?

If you have Netflix I bet you would like the series "The last kingdom" it is very good.

ohiosteve said:
ga.prime said:

If you have Netflix I bet you would like the series "The last kingdom" it is very good.

Or Vikings on Amazon Prime..good stuff.

cowgal604 said:
ccr said:
cowgal604 said:

In Cantonese, one of the native Chinese languages, the pronunciation for the number four sounds very much like the pronunciation of the word for "death." For this reason, it is not only in the practice of feng shui but for all of Chinese culture that four is regarded as an unlucky number

My son ended up coming on the number 26. Means "easy luck". Much better than 24 meaning "easy death". I know haha. Lots of hocus pocus
ok, thanks for the explanation:

a number i thought it was,
and nothing more.
now i understand,
there's much more to a 4.

weather forecast for 12/14,
high is 64 and 45 for a low.
with so many 4's,
does this mean something more.

i think i got it now,
what the number 4 means.
like a lot of things,