friggatriskaidekaphobia

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Sooo, how has your day been so far? Are you superstitious or is this just another day to you? If you are you won't be alone, millions of people around the world are affected :shock: .

i broke my leg in a calf roping accident on fri the 13 in feb 1987 every time they roll around i think of it........ but i don't believe in superstitions.... i do how ever have a strong belief in stupidity now :cowboy:

Just another day for me also. In fact, I would not have not thought about it if hadn't been mentioned at the donut shop this morning.

alisonb":2qilr11k said:
Sooo, how has your day been so far? Are you superstitious or is this just another day to you? If you are you won't be alone, millions of people around the world are affected :shock: .

Are you kidding I am Italian by heritage, I have a superstition about EVERYTHING.

Beginning with the Mal Ochio(evil eye) and ending with the Faschinate(the plain old fashioned curse).

Sometimes it's so bad I think I have put a curse on myself.LOLOLOL...well maybe not quite THAT bad. :help:

Ain't saying nothing...

I'll let you know next year if setting a deadline of Fri 13 to give up if no success achieved was good luck or bad luck.
(No success was the outcome; not a scenario I had any realistic influence to achieve)

Suzie Q":kjb2zegr said:
It is my Birthday. Lucky day for me. We went out for my birthday and I dressed as a black cat.
It's my Husbands birthday today as well, we have just got back from a 60's concert, it was a great night out.
bad side of the day someone broke into my car and stole my radio and tom tom sat nav, so Friday the 13th in that way was a bad luck day for me. didn't let it get me down though, insurance is picking up the bill and I have no-claims protected insurance so my premium wont be affected.

That is good new Chrisy. In the local paper for Beaudesert last year was a notice not to leave Sat navs in cars as there was a spate of them being stolen.

My friend was there who has my bull and he has the first calf from my bull. So the next season from us has started. Anything we get now will be from his bull. Very exciting. His bull is a full blood Bazadais bull.

3waycross":n0105a3c said:
Faschinate(the plain old fashioned curse).
That must be terrible, so you actually end up suspecting everything and everyone :) . Do you think it is possible to lay a curse on someone across the seas or must you have met the person personally :p . I find this interesting, could it not be a case of more 'bringing it on oneself'. There are a lot of superstitions here in S Africa, probably one of the most common is the Tokoloshe -

"The Tokoloshe is popularly believed to be short, ugly, and pot-bellied; his arms are so long that his knuckles drag on the ground as he walks, and his a penis is so large that he needs to carry it slung over his shoulder. He is also believed to lack thumbs, and the reason for the 'African handshake' is said to be the belief that if someone can capture a Tokoloshe, he will have lifelong health, wealth and happiness. The handshake, therefore, is to check if the person being greeted has thumbs."

Some people even put their beds on bricks as they believe the tokoloshe won't be able to get to them.
:? :lol:

alisonb":2brn0dt0 said:
3waycross":2brn0dt0 said:
That must be terrible, so you actually end up suspecting everything and everyone :) . Do you think it is possible to lay a curse on someone across the seas or must you have met the person personally :p . I find this interesting, could it not be a case of more 'bringing it on oneself'. There are a lot of superstitions here in S Africa, probably one of the most common is the Tokoloshe -

"The Tokoloshe is popularly believed to be short, ugly, and pot-bellied; his arms are so long that his knuckles drag on the ground as he walks, and his a penis is so large that he needs to carry it slung over his shoulder. He is also believed to lack thumbs, and the reason for the 'African handshake' is said to be the belief that if someone can capture a Tokoloshe, he will have lifelong health, wealth and happiness. The handshake, therefore, is to check if the person being greeted has thumbs."

Some people even put their beds on bricks as they believe the tokoloshe won't be able to get to them.

My Grandpa told me about a gnome like creatue in Italy named cibune' he is a familiar of the witches. When the witches would steal a baby they would leave the imp and it would impersonate the baby. There is a whole ritual you have to do to expose him or he just stays there and never grows. Some real scarey stuff to a bunch of little kids.

alisonb":kj85o2is said:
3waycross":kj85o2is said:

To heck with the handshake. Seems to me a short, pot-bellied dude with his knuckles dragging the ground and his tallywacker slung over his shoulder would be a dead giveaway.

VanC":1c5t0dwg said:
..To heck with the handshake. Seems to me a short, pot-bellied dude with his knuckles dragging the ground and his tallywacker slung over his shoulder would be a dead giveaway.
That's what I kind of figured too!ght may be they were talking about CB

VanC":3di69vzi said:
To heck with the handshake. Seems to me a short, pot-bellied dude with his knuckles dragging the ground and his tallywacker slung over his shoulder would be a dead giveaway.

That would not go un-noticed here in Hanover. The local girls would be all over that. :lol: "He's not REALLY evil, just misunderstood."

dun":2vn63vrw said:
VanC":2vn63vrw said:
..To heck with the handshake. Seems to me a short, pot-bellied dude with his knuckles dragging the ground and his tallywacker slung over his shoulder would be a dead giveaway.
That's what I kind of figured too!ght may be they were talking about CB

I don't know about CB, but I've got the short, pot-bellied, knuckles thing going for me. Gotta work on the other thing. Anybody know which shoulder to use for tallywacker slinging?

Suzie Q":1u6w6llb said:
It is my Birthday. Lucky day for me. We went out for my birthday and I dressed as a black cat.
Happy Birthday Suzie Q, as long as you didn't walk under a ladder in your black cat suit you should be safe ;-) .

My grandparents from my mom's side were Scottish and my dad's Norwegian, now that's a combination that is superstitious :shock: . I can remember my grandfather telling us never to cross knives at a table and if one spilt salt you had to quickly take a pinch of it and throw it over your left shoulder and that would ward off all evil. The black cat, walking under a ladder, dropping a knife, never cutting out a pattern on a Friday are just many that I heard of when growing up but never took seriously.

What is serious though is one still hears of witch hunts in this day and age......

alisonb":2efk775b said:
Suzie Q":2efk775b said:
Happy Birthday Suzie Q, as long as you didn't walk under a ladder in your black cat suit you should be safe ;-) .

My grandparents from my mom's side were Scottish and my dad's Norwegian, now that's a combination that is superstitious :shock: . I can remember my grandfather telling us never to cross knives at a table and if one spilt salt you had to quickly take a pinch of it and throw it over your left shoulder and that would ward off all evil. The black cat, walking under a ladder, dropping a knife, never cutting out a pattern on a Friday are just many that I heard of when growing up but never took seriously.

What is serious though is one still hears of witch hunts in this day and age......
If I believed in the Black Cat superstition I would be in trouble everyday as I have a Black Cat and Always will have, the one I have now is my fourth one, I just love Black Cats and White ones but they seem hard to find, I'm looking for one now, can't find one under £600, if I paid that it would never be able to go out of the house and that is not fair to any cat to be shut in all day everyday. The Black Cat and being a witch, the story so I'm told is if your Black Cat has a few white hairs on it's chest, it is not a witches cat, as the white hairs are the finger prints from God, he gave his blessing to the cat and saved it from Satans cluches. All my cats have had a white line. Although on a few occasions I have been called a witch, maybe that's because I was telling my children off at the time... :lol:

Latest posts