freeze proof water spigot

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
where can I get one of these? I was thinking of TSC or Home Depot but I've never seen one in either store

The TSC site lists a half dozen of them but says only in select stores. Have you ever asked for them? General feed stores or a feed livestock store that carries water tanks should have them

dun":1jph47j3 said:
The TSC site lists a half dozen of them but says only in select stores. Have you ever asked for them? General feed stores or a feed livestock store that carries water tanks should have them

Can you post a link to the TSC ones? I've searched on there and don't see them--I'm guess I'm a :dunce:

tncattle":2s1tbffk said:
dun":2s1tbffk said:

Can you post a link to the TSC ones? I've searched on there and don't see them--I'm guess I'm a :dunce:
search for "hydraunt"

SRBeef":2g9c4qs4 said:
I would strongly suggest you order one of these http://www.woodfordmfg.com/woodford/Yard_Hyd_PDF/Y34_Y1Catalog.pdf rather than a lower cost/imported model. The higher initial cost is more than offset when you have to dig the cheap ones up in the middle of the winter a few years down the road.... Good luck.

Jim
The ones I use aren;t made by them but a couple of the non-junk product stores carry all of the parts. Through the years the only thing I've had to replace on any of them is the bubber plug at the bottom. Takes about 5 minutes. I even have a couple in my spares bin just in case. I've seen similar ones at one of the local "hardware" stores and it was junk and only about 5 bucks less in price.

Another vote for the Iowa/Woodford hydrant. There was a recent discussion about this subject on another board. Woodford is the only hydrant I will use. Be sure to tape the galvanized pipe if you have electrolysis problems with your soil.

Howdy,

The above comments are right on. This is one of the things you can't cheap out on. I too recommend the Woodford Iowa brand frost free hydrant. Follow the directions about depth, and a good gravel base area for the water piss out area when its shut off. It's one of the things you will never want to dig up, and with a good one, you just repair the simple things that you get to from the top. (crush nut gasket, plumb bob at closure, all done from the top)

Latest posts