Freemartin

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Anybody seen this.

The pic doesn't show it real well, but the part that should be under the tail is on her belly. Other than that she and her twin are doing real well.
P1010011-2.jpg

Here's a pic of the brother.
Nothing great, but the old cow is doing it on her own.
I also have two other sets of twins, and I'm bottle feeding the 2 weak ones, makes a lot of extra work.

P1010012-1.jpg

That is strange. Did the mama figure out where to go to clean the girl when she was a baby? Looks like she is doing a good job with them. How old are they?

The funny thing, I at first thought I had 2 bull calves. 8)

Banded the one, then grabbed the other, ready to band :shock:
Guess what :eek:

These calves were born Feb 16. The cow took them from the start. The male calf was weak and I feed him dried colostrum, then they have nursed the cow ever since.

wow that is wierd, never seen one like that before. I think the bull would have a bit of trouble trying to breed her :lol: :D

Had one a couple years ago similar to that. It was more of a bull than a heifer though. His sheath was about half the length of a normal calf's. At first we thought it was a bull, then a heifer, turned out it was neither :shock: :?: . It had no testicles, yet it had no visible female organs. And the testicles were not in it's body cavity. I guess you could say it was born a steer.....

Latest posts