Freedom?

Help Support CattleToday:

Very good read Van. Thanks. Coincidently, this was also the topic of discussion at lunch today. I heard testimony from a man who owns a cotton gin. He is very successful and is building another business (american) that will employ even more people.(I think that is a good thing) Anyway, he said he was shocked at all the government regulators and inspectors that have come out of the woodwork telling him how, when, where and how much. He said had he known it was going to be like this before he started he would have never made the commitment to build this new complex. Its really a shame that we pay people to impede ourselves and our community.

Jogeephus":1ma4kp4y said:
Very good read Van. Thanks. Coincidently, this was also the topic of discussion at lunch today. I heard testimony from a man who owns a cotton gin. He is very successful and is building another business (american) that will employ even more people.(I think that is a good thing) Anyway, he said he was shocked at all the government regulators and inspectors that have come out of the woodwork telling him how, when, where and how much. He said had he known it was going to be like this before he started he would have never made the commitment to build this new complex. Its really a shame that we pay people to impede ourselves and our community.

Interesting story, Jo, and one that I'm afraid is all too common these days. It amazes me how politicians claim they're going to "create" jobs and then turn around and pass laws that hinder businesses that, if allowed to grow and prosper, would actually provide those jobs. Yet we keep electing and reelecting them. Are we really that stupid?

VanC":cnwse1ik said:
Yet we keep electing and reelecting them. Are we really that stupid?

I believe politics has become institutionalized. Those in office think we are here so they can be instead of the way it was meant to be.

I see it in my day job as well. Anybody not in manufacturing has some kinda red tape that needs to be added to the working folk's toil.

I had a similar experience about two years ago. I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to environmental laws but thought it best to get the expertise of the soil conservation folks and the county inspector. I did everything to the letter yet two other state agencies came out of the woodwork yelling fowl. They shut me down for two hours thus costing me around $1200 in labor. Problem was the state EPD boy didn't know what he was talking about and was wrong in all his allegations. Nevetheless, it cost me time and money due to his blind, ignorant overzealous attempt to save the world. What happened to the idea that the government could not come onto your property and search without a warrant? Or is that only in Estonia or the Soviet Union? Filled with this new knowledge of how things will be if I build what I was planning, I decided not to do this at this time. After all, how much is enough. Constructing what I wanted would have only been to fulfill my dream and the only real benefits would have been seen by the seven or eight well paid skilled employees I would have had to employ.

Latest posts