Fraud in Pandemic Unemployment Program

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
California dept of Labor reported that 10% of their 114 billion dollar federal pandemic unemployment fund was paid to overseas criminals who hacked their security measures. They said an additional 17% [19.4 billion] was paid in suspicious claims.

27% shrinkage to fraud.
Who'd have guessed criminals would take advantage of government programs. :)
administrative cost, fraud and complex application rules for individuals in need
are 3 reasons big government programs are an inefficient method of achieving
a goal.

imho direct payment stimulus checks are more efficient, but even more efficient
are tax cuts and the simplest tax cut would be to just increase the limit of standard personal deductions.

Tax cuts are the best way because you don't receive them if you don't file taxes.
Yes and taxpayers are the backbone of the entire country.

Increasing standard deductions is fair and equitable as it effects the rich and low wage earners alike, because it starts with first dollar earned. No loop holes to exploit and puts more discretionary dollars into local economies without printing more money.

Have a customer that works in unemployment on a state level. Said claims went from 60,000 a year to over a million a month. They estimate as much as 90% of them are fraudulent. Gotta start teaching people to fish instead of giving them fish.

In this area there is a lot of folks drawing government checks. From some of the people we have known, I have figured up that if you factor in the checks themselves, then food stamps, Medicaid, then for some rental assistance/hud, it all factors into more than a person could make working a minimum wage job. There is no incentive for them to work. Makes me wonder what would then happen if the minimum wage was raised. Would some work or would the benefits be raised as well to compensate?

In this area there is a lot of folks drawing government checks. From some of the people we have known, I have figured up that if you factor in the checks themselves, then food stamps, Medicaid, then for some rental assistance/hud, it all factors into more than a person could make working a minimum wage job. There is no incentive for them to work. Makes me wonder what would then happen if the minimum wage was raised. Would some work or would the benefits be raised as well to compensate?
The ones you're talking about lack the gumption to get out and work. They just wanna get by and get high.

In short NO they won't work and yes they make more just waiting on a check and will continue to do so. If they raised the benefits to match then the cycle just continues and those of us paying taxes just get a higher bill. I also live in an area with a lot of check getters and not a one of them that couldn't be working today. The jobs are here the work ethic is not. Cut them off plain and simple. If you are well enough to put on shoes no reason those shoes can't be workboots.

Washington state lost a ton of money to overseas fraud. But guess what, the head of Employment Security got a bumped up job with the O'Biden administration.

I wonder if these idiots watch their own bank accounts any better!!

No need to wonder Ky, we've seen this movie before, including in reruns. Inflation and devaluation of the dollar is what will happen.

And yes, benefits "HAVE to be increased, to keep up with inflation! Duh..................!".... any good Democrat knows that................ The tail is wagging the dog.

Washington state lost a ton of money to overseas fraud. But guess what, the head of Employment Security got a bumped up job with the O'Biden administration.

I wonder if these idiots watch their own bank accounts any better!!
... dont focus on things like that... just remember he's likeable.

Latest posts