Franklin Nash

Help Support CattleToday:

1914 Hereford":2yrcq87k said:
It was a good day! We walked a group of cows 2 miles, to bring them home from summering on the leased pasture. We had weaned their calves a couple of weeks ago.

2010_nov_bring_cows_home_1.JPG

On the same day, we received our heifers that had been in Colorado since May. Great to have everything closer to home for the winter

2010_Nov_Heifers_home_from_Colo_1.JPG

2010_Nov_Heifers_home_from_Colo_2.JPG

Hello. Thanks for your posts. What are those cows eating in that field?

The cattle look great. I think they had smiles on their faces. It looks like you must still be pretty dry down there but it is nice to see terrain that isn't white. How about some pictures of their weaned calves?

Yes, they were happy! They ran for the first mile, I took the photo on the second.

We will try to get a few photos of their calves to post.

And it is dry. Our creek that is normally running through the place has been dry since July. But for now, we will let you keep the white stuff.

Hello. Thanks for your posts. What are those cows eating in that field?

They are each eating about 2.5# of 20% protein cake. They come off the strong Colorado short grass in good shape. They have really grown during the 6 months that they were there. Many of them will never loose that condition that they acquire on that strong grass.

We spent last night at the Kansas Hereford annual meeting and banquet. There was over 100 breeders in attendance, who enjoyed great networking and a good meal. It is always fun to see friends and other Hereford enthusiasts.

Happy new year to all of you who have followed this post. It's been a really fantastic and unexpected way to honor our parents who, I think I speak for all of us, we miss very much. It also nice to have the opportunity to contact nice folks from around the world. If any of you are in my neck of the woods-Colorado Springs, CO-please look us up ([[email protected]][email protected][/email])

Happy New Year and much luck to all!!!

Julie

caprock":gg1o7f5h said:
Happy new year to all of you who have followed this post. It's been a really fantastic and unexpected way to honor our parents who, I think I speak for all of us, we miss very much. It also nice to have the opportunity to contact nice folks from around the world. If any of you are in my neck of the woods-Colorado Springs, CO-please look us up (http://[email protected])

Happy New Year and much luck to all!!!

Julie

Julie, I think you need to remove the http://www. from the email address.

I have a son and daughter-in-law in C-Springs.

Jim

Re: Franklin Nash

Postby quackingduck » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:08 am
The cattle look great. I think they had smiles on their faces. It looks like you must still be pretty dry down there but it is nice to see terrain that isn't white. How about some pictures of their weaned calves?
[/q
2011_Feb_Heifer_calves_1.JPG
uote]
2011_Feb_Heifer_calves_2.JPG

Heifers that we will send to Colo in early June with the 644 bull.
2011_Feb_Bull_calves_2.JPG

2011_Feb_Bull_Calves_1.JPG

Bull calves along with about 7 steers that we will feed out for beef.

We had a great time with the Russian delegation that visited our Hereford cattle herd. They are in the process of importing a large number of U.S. cattle. The cattle are being housed at a feedlot in Western Kansas. The Russians were in the area viewing the shipment and wanted to see a Hereford Herd that had been line- bred for some time, thus the honor of having them visit us.

2011_Russian_Visit_1.JP

The main thought that I came away with is that they are looking for Hereford females-papered and commercial. The American exporter told me that some of the exporters are buying up anything that looks to be Hereford at ANY cattle sale and is stockpiling them for their next order. Wild!

There is an article in this months Hereford World on what the Russians are doing. Interesting article. Sounds like the climate and latitude, in the area they want to develope their industy in, are very similar to the northern states which is a major reason for them wanting cattle from the area.

Latest posts