Forgotten History

Help Support CattleToday:

J. T.

Reaction score
Caustic's post about San Jacinto reminded me of the FACT that our kids today have no understanding of history or their heritage. I disciplined a boy in my class yesterday for wearing a shirt with a German Messershmidt (sp?) fighter plane on it. The plane looked great and was historically accurate but it had a Nazi swastika on the tail. Dress code doesn't allow such. I told him that I found the emblem personally offensive and he thought I was nuts! After yanking him out of class and giving him a 3 minute lesson on WWII in a pretty loud tone, the shirt came off and was turned inside out. Southern children haven't got a clue as to why our state seceded from the Union. Students don't know what happened on June 6, 1944, what M*A*S*H is all about, the importance of the Alamo, who Sequoiah was. They don't know nor do they care about Appamattox, Vicksburg, Iwo Jima, the Tet Offensive, and even September 11, 2001 is forgotten. Pride in our country is lacking and it will be our ruin, I'm afraid. If there is no pride, there is no desire to fight to protect our rights, our home states, and our nation!

What do you expect J.T.? The parents don't give a crank so why should the kids?

You are soooooooooo right!

MikeC":21296plz said:
What do you expect J.T.? The parents don't give a crank so why should the kids
Yes, some who are parents think everything was so long ago that it should be forgotten.
There are adults who actually think the study of history is a waste of time.

things wernt so long ago for some of us now were they Ryder?
i reken you fellers have said it like it is. my boys know better only from mine and cookys stories on the trail. most o my old hands new what it was to love your country and respect them that died for it. in the house the dang tv is always on. they never seemed to learn no respect for this country from them schools neather.

Ryder":8z9ccqmb said:
MikeC":8z9ccqmb said:
What do you expect J.T.? The parents don't give a crank so why should the kids
Yes, some who are parents think everything was so long ago that it should be forgotten.
There are adults who actually think the study of history is a waste of time.

Those are the people who don't understand that history repeats itself.

Latest posts