For those that enjoy the 1911

Help Support CattleToday:

CB you are the only person on this board alive in 1911. I keep hearing you talk about it but you must understand the rest of us weren't even close to being bored yet.

jedstivers":3iu82fo5 said:
My oldest grandparent was born in 1917. All them are gone though.

Not many of my Mom's and Dad's generation or your grandparent's left .
That was the generation that achieved true greatness for our country, looks like we are doing a pretty good job of screwing that up.

Angus Cowman":2xpvw28t said:
my dad was born in 26 and mom was born in 30 both still living thank the lord
Awesome, I love talking to people from their generation. Did y'all have cattle growing up?

My grand parents came to West Texas in early early 1900(i'd have to check with aunts to know when for sure)
They came in a covered wagon and started farming cotton with a team of horses.
My Grand Dad would day labor when work was available and my Grand Mother would plow with the horses alone when he was gone.
They had 6 kids and gave all 6 kids a 1/4 section, kept 2 sections for themselves and sold the rest when he retired.
They started with nothing and everything they aquired was from the sweat of their brow.
I remember back as a kid, they grew, raised, or made most everything they needed and spent very little money.
They had the money then but they believed spending money was wasteful
My Dad was born when my Grand Dad was 50 so by the time I came along he was old and retired but he had some great stories
He loved training calf roping horses
Everybody said my dad and uncle always won becuse they had better horses than anybody else :D
I'd sure wish I could have known them when they were younger

It's sure a good thing that generation built the world. Things make me so mad now when I think about what they had to do and what people won't and can't do today. It's a insult to those that came before and did the work.

jedstivers":kqgfqw0e said:
It's sure a good thing that generation built the world. Things make me so mad now when I think about what they had to do and what people won't and can't do today. It's a insult to those that came before and did the work.

Today's generation couldn't handle it, have gotten to soft.
First you have to put down a phone to do anything, secondly most would starve without a Mc Donalds.
I could just imagine kids at a hog killin. We always waited till the weather was colder than a witches tit in a brass bra.
I am talkin the old fashion hog killin fire building, scalding, scraping, cut up and slinging the shyt out of the guts. Then washing them in clorox water and grinding sausage with a hand grinder.
If you wanted to eat that day you could have brains and eggs or liver with your bisquit.

USMC, after enduring over 25 years of disappointment with the 9mm is returning to a new version of the Colt 1911. It is to have a tan finish. The Beretta M9 was good, but took too much maintenance in the field to keep it reliable.

Lots of the original 1911s still in armories and service, but the newest one was made in the 50s so Colt will be supplying the new version..

Caustic Burno":20k1xgop said:
jedstivers":20k1xgop said:

Today's generation couldn't handle it, have gotten to soft.
First you have to put down a phone to do anything, secondly most would starve without a Mc Donalds.
I could just imagine kids at a hog killin. We always waited till the weather was colder than a witches tit in a brass bra.
I am talkin the old fashion hog killin fire building, scalding, scraping, cut up and slinging the shyt out of the guts. Then washing them in clorox water and grinding sausage with a hand grinder.
If you wanted to eat that day you could have brains and eggs or liver with your bisquit.

I sorta agree Caustic but then again, when your belly button is rubbing on your back bone, people can find a lot of grit they didn't know they had before. I think we need to cut many of the safety nets so people can find their grit and potential.

My dad was born in 1904 and my mother 1908.
I grew up learning a lot of history first hand from my parents and grandparents.
And have passed it along to my children and grandchildren.
I always thought it amazing when my dad said he can remember the first automobile that came into Reynolds county Mo.
Said a doctor bought it.

Cal

Calman":3ezudnat said:
My dad was born in 1904 and my mother 1908.
I grew up learning a lot of history first hand from my parents and grandparents.
And have passed it along to my children and grandchildren.
I always thought it amazing when my dad said he can remember the first automobile that came into Reynolds county Mo.
Said a doctor bought it.

Cal

Thank's Cal got me to laughing.
My Grandpa was the commisioner and couldn't drive so he rode the roads in his district on a saddle horse.
Not for his lack of trying to drive he just couldn't get the hang of it. That old Model T was still sitting in the barn up on boards in 60's.

Latest posts