For the Hog people

Help Support CattleToday:

richburg102

Reaction score
i have this hog for a county fair breeder and then after fair she will be a meat hog.......just wanted to get your input on the hog

DSC_0140.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

and we slicked out my steer for the summer...hes only a year old and will be shown in november..... his finish is coming on nicely so he should be good for our county fair

DSC_0148.JPG

its smart to slick them when the shows are over and summer is in.....one kid down here in florida slicked his steer before the shows were over and summer was still awhile away

the gilt breaks behind her shoulders, i would like to see a higher tail set, she could use a bigger front. if you want to get a bigger front and bigger hams. go and take their feed bucket and but it on a ramp going up for 3 days and then switch it and make it so she has to go down hill to get her feed for 3 days and do that until you get to your fair and you wont belive how they turn out. i wouldnt advise using paylean on this pig since you are going to butcher it

Moocow11":gw8i47n2 said:
the gilt breaks behind her shoulders, i would like to see a higher tail set, she could use a bigger front. if you want to get a bigger front and bigger hams. go and take their feed bucket and but it on a ramp going up for 3 days and then switch it and make it so she has to go down hill to get her feed for 3 days and do that until you get to your fair and you wont belive how they turn out. i wouldnt advise using paylean on this pig since you are going to butcher it

what do you mean by the three day thing?

ok you know how they do the ramp for cattle? ok well its like that. go and make the pig walk up a ramp to get to its feed for 3 days and then make the pig walk down hill to get its feed for 3 days. and then just keep doing that until fair. but it works best if your pig is on dirt because then you can make the dirt soft and it will build bigger muscel. it is kinda hard to explain. if you still dont get what i am saying i will think of a nother way to explain it

really well you didn't answer my question how much did you pay for the gilt. And yes that would be ridiculous to slick them before the shows are over but did he take his to any shows after he first slicked him?

Maine Showman":2q655nq8 said:
really well you didn't answer my question how much did you pay for the gilt. And yes that would be ridiculous to slick them before the shows are over but did he take his to any shows after he first slicked him?

first off thats none of your business.

and i think he took it to a show after but he whatever floats your boat.

Fairly nice gilt you have there. I would try to get her head up as much as possible becuase it makes her break behind the shoulders like Moocow said. She is young, but I think that she could use some exercise and get that gut off of her and she will look better that way.

I know richburg personally and he paid 350 dollars for the gilt it really is a nice gilt and has a very good shot at taking grand at this years fair, his steer is also a really good steer that is def. in the running for grand also.

Maine Showman":nulfizsw said:
I know richburg personally and he paid 350 dollars for the gilt it really is a nice gilt and has a very good shot at taking grand at this years fair, his steer is also a really good steer that is def. in the running for grand also.

If you knew this information why did you feel the need to ask him, and then when he said it was none of your info feel the need to post in on the boards. Like richburg said, its none of your business. it was nice of you to compliment his gilt and steer, however you should not have posted the price. it has nothing to do with this topic, and it is rude.

Maine Showman said:

guess what a-hole thats not what i paid and maybe you should stay out of my business

and just to let everyone know maine showman is showkid1200

ever since he was snubbed out of the boards he has had some type of grudge on me and has to keep making up fake names just so he can post on the boards.......maybes its because my cattle are much better than his and the only way he couldbeat me was to cheat.....but in his defense he has changed his heifers date back to the right age

thanks everyone for the comments on the hog.....and i paid much less than 350 for the hog just for the record

yes its true I am showkid1200 and yes i admit that i did actually age my heifer. The whole story i sthat last year at my county fair My heifer got beat by some heifers that where aged and i was instriucted by a cuople of adults that have been in the cattle industry for quite some time that if i wanted to compete i needed to age my heifer. So being a kid i took the adults information and aged her. when i was caught i did realize how unethical it was and i forfeited all my winning for the shows i won and changed her birthdate back to normal. I am a kid and i took the wrong advice. I did the ethical thing and gave up my winning and took the consequences. I am sorry for what I've done. In no way would I ever say that i need to age my heifer to compete and I am hurt that richburg102 would say that his animals are better than mine, thats the judges decision not his. I just hope that you guys and girls can forgive me I made a mistake and i paid for it. and as for the price of the hog I have heard from 4 or 5 sources that the price of the hog was 350 dollars but rumors can be rumors.

Maine Showman":1a1c0xsp said:
I am hurt that richburg102 would say that his animals are better than mine, thats the judges decision not his.

why are you hurt? its just his opinion. we've all got em and a right to them.

and as for the price of the hog I have heard from 4 or 5 sources that the price of the hog was 350 dollars but rumors can be rumors.

even so, no need to post it on the boards. thats just being a jerk, since he said it was none of your business.

As far as aging, the ethical thing to do would have been to realize that cheating is cheating... no matter who tells you to do it. but if you are being truthful and you forfeited you winnings and corrected the D.O.B then you are atleast on the right track.

Maine Showman":2c2ijtpz said:
yes its true I am showkid1200 and yes i admit that i did actually age my heifer. The whole story i sthat last year at my county fair My heifer got beat by some heifers that where aged and i was instriucted by a cuople of adults that have been in the cattle industry for quite some time that if i wanted to compete i needed to age my heifer. So being a kid i took the adults information and aged her. when i was caught i did realize how unethical it was and i forfeited all my winning for the shows i won and changed her birthdate back to normal. I am a kid and i took the wrong advice. I did the ethical thing and gave up my winning and took the consequences. I am sorry for what I've done. In no way would I ever say that i need to age my heifer to compete and I am hurt that richburg102 would say that his animals are better than mine, thats the judges decision not his. I just hope that you guys and girls can forgive me I made a mistake and i paid for it. and as for the price of the hog I have heard from 4 or 5 sources that the price of the hog was 350 dollars but rumors can be rumors.

those heifers that beat you at the county fair were not aged they were just 2 months than yours and were farther along than your heifer was and what person told you to age her?

lets say it like this the only place you beat me was at umatilla and you AGED your heifer and she was twice the size of everything in her class

as far as the hog goes once again that is none of your business and really childish to post that price on here when thats not even what i paid

all i want to say is leave me alone and stay out of ny business and i will stay out of yours

Latest posts