For no particular reason

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
For no particular reason that I can think of I began wondering how important one must be to be assassinated if you took a bullet between the eyes. Any thoughts on this? I assume whether you murder someone or assassinate someone would make a big difference in the amount of time you spend in prison. Pretty sure if offed me it would only be considered murder - possibly only manslaughter - and I'm guessing the punishment for this would probably be less than four years assuming you were a good boy and didn't kill a guard or something while in prison. Any thoughts on this? I need to spruce up my drink.

I would think you would have be in government to be assassinated. Or maybe royalty. Can't think of an instance where a celebrity or popular person was 'assassinated'.

Dictionary says: to murder (a person, esp a public or political figure), usually by a surprise attack.

Interesting question.

Is there a crime called "assasination"?
If someone is caught trying to hire another to off their spouse, their spouse's lover, or even a highschool cheerleader's competition, it is always described by media and the PoPo as "A murder for hire plot foiled".

The victim's position or standing in life and the world probably does make a difference in the sentence for sure. I'm surprised Snowden lived long enough to get out of the country too.
I'm pretty sure, if anyone ever came up with proof positive that CAB was nothing more than a smoke and mirror marketing ploy, that person would likely have a target on him before he ever got to release the info. ;-) ;-) :shock:
(yep, I've already refreshed my drink)
NEXT!!

Along these lines, my wife and I were having a conversation and came to a point that we pondered. If we don't actually wage war on a country, but yet send in missiles, sniper fire, air raids etc.... and people die. It's not war, so is it not murder? Not just talking this administration either. I just don't see how we can claim that throwing a few missiles in to a foreign country isn't really war. Pretty certain that if a cruise missile or the like hit my house, I, my town, my state and many fellow country men (probably not this administration) would consider it an act of war. To me it is an act of war, period and there are times that needs to happen. But to get around the constitution we say it isn't. So if it isn't and people died, then isn't that murder?

Commercialfarmer":21p1s6gj said:
Along these lines, my wife and I were having a conversation and came to a point that we pondered. If we don't actually wage war on a country, but yet send in missiles, sniper fire, air raids etc.... and people die. It's not war, so is it not murder? Not just talking this administration either. I just don't see how we can claim that throwing a few missiles in to a foreign country isn't really war. Pretty certain that if a cruise missile or the like hit my house, I, my town, my state and many fellow country men (probably not this administration) would consider it an act of war. To me it is an act of war, period and there are times that needs to happen. But to get around the constitution we say it isn't. So if it isn't and people died, then isn't that murder?
Yes.

Jo,
James Earl Ray (March 10, 1928 – April 23, 1998) was an American criminal convicted of the assassination of civil rights and anti-war activist Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sirhan Bishara Sirhan (Arabic: سرحان بشارة سرحان‎, Sirḥān Bishārah Sirḥān; born March 19, 1944) is a Palestinian with Jordanian citizenship who was convicted for the assassination of United States Senator Robert F. Kennedy. He is serving a life sentence at Pleasant Valley State Prison in Coalinga, California.

Sounds just like murder in these two cases.

Latest posts