For-Most head gate

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a newer For-Most, chute, with an automatic head gate. I would suspect that the one in the ad is probably still usable.
If it were me and I could see my way to do it, I would go for something with a squeeze capability, it really comes in handy with small calves.

pass on that

i have a near new powder river rancher XL i'll sell you for 4000 . 00

For-Most makes some nice stuff, though that is their entry level model. If it'll do what you want it to do, it's actually a pretty good buy. There's one of their head tables laying in the middle of the chute, those things are pretty handy and cost about half what they're asking for the chute if you had to buy a new one.

ddd75":ixh5qes0 said:
i'd rather get a tarter squeeze for 1600 then that.

If I had a preference I would pass on both, the tarter things that I have had just don't hold up long at all.

The tarter squeeze for 1600$ says it's only good for cows up to 1300lbs. Most of my cows are well over 1300. I differently don't want another saloon style head gate that's what I have now and hate it. I have had to many cows start through the head gate then back up and open it then run through and get caught at the hips.

pricefarm":3vynfzev said:
The tarter squeeze for 1600$ says it's only good for cows up to 1300lbs. Most of my cows are well over 1300. I differently don't want another saloon style head gate that's what I have now and hate it. I have had to many cows start through the head gate then back up and open it then run through and get caught at the hips.
I always thought those type should be called "hip gates" rather then "head gates".

pricefarm":37n5qzkv said:

yea I had one of those head gates as well and had that happen.. I sold it after that. I had to use a tractor to pull the cow out she was in so good.

ddd75":g0oas6jd said:
pricefarm":g0oas6jd said:

yea I had one of those head gates as well and had that happen.. I sold it after that. I had to use a tractor to pull the cow out she was in so good.

You have to put a small chain at the top of the saloon style doors in order to keep them from opening all the way if they do back up before it latches.

That one ought to be listed for 500 dollars max.
For most makes good stuff. I was going to buy one of theirs till I got to looking at diffrent brands.
Arrow will be what I buy next.
Arrow.
For-Most
Priefert
Are the order I rank them in.

jedstivers":12ub8lsl said:

I've yet to see one of those in person, but keep hearing good things about them.

Anyone know what a Q86 manual chute with the headtable sells for?

cfpinz":1kzcem6g said:
jedstivers":1kzcem6g said:

I've yet to see one of those in person, but keep hearing good things about them.

Can't remember the number but the one I want is 6-6,500 dollars.
I'm going the have one too. I hope by next fall.

jedstivers":2x5cswdu said:

I assume that's the manually operated one, too cheap to be hydraulic.

We've got a For-Most 450 with the 30T headgate and a few options, it was $4500 10 or 12 years ago. We've had a handful of bulls that couldn't get through the gate, had to let them out the side.

cfpinz":74b64n99 said:
jedstivers":74b64n99 said:

I assume that's the manually operated one, too cheap to be hydraulic.

We've got a For-Most 450 with the 30T headgate and a few options, it was $4500 10 or 12 years ago. We've had a handful of bulls that couldn't get through the gate, had to let them out the side.
Yeah, manual. I can't afford hyd at all unless I happen on deal on a used one. The arrow I'm looking at will let me processs a load (20-32) compleatly by myself. I'm needing that bad.

jedstivers":3a3lga69 said:
Yeah, manual. I can't afford hyd at all unless I happen on deal on a used one. The arrow I'm looking at will let me processs a load (20-32) compleatly by myself. I'm needing that bad.

I like how you can slide the control lever for the headgate to the rear, and operate the rear gate and headgate from one position. I can run the For-Most myself, but I have to catch them from behind with the rear gate and then move to the front and use the head catch - which makes a lot of cows "hole up" in the rear of the chute. I've thought about running a rope from the head gate lever through a pulley to the rear, but thinking about it is about as far as I've got.

jedstivers":215vegqw said:
cfpinz":215vegqw said:
jedstivers":215vegqw said:

I'm friends with the Territory Sales Mgr & one of the Sales Reps for Arrowquip, neighbor has a new Q86. PM if you want contact info.

Latest posts