Foot rot

Help Support CattleToday:

Moocow11

Reaction score
What products get rid of foot rot really FAST. and also what gets rid of ring worm around the eyes. a little off topic but what are some products for calming cattle ace, calf calm ect. and ho wmuch do you give and the side effects

i would use fungus fighter from sullivans for the foot rot and ringworm and use the anti fungus shampoo every once in awhile so that the animal wont breakout with ringworm on the body.......they both worked for me so i highly recommend it.

For foot rot, the only thing I know of is Koppertox, a green liquid. For ring worms, Tinactin or for a black calf, black spray paint. Suffocated the fungus, plus lots of sun for both. Stay away from Ace and Calf Calm. Both can have negative effects on a calfs attitude. Use melatonin. You can get it at Wal-Mart and it will work every time.

Cowboys right. Koppertox does work the best, just make sure to wear gloves. Its not good to get it on your skin and it stains like not other. For the ringworm, we use bleach. We usually mix it 75/25 water/bleach. I've been hearing that the clorox bleach pen works the best for around the eyes as well.

For footrot use a broad spectrum antibiotic, treat with Koppertox, as for the green stain after the treatment sullivans hocus pocus with get rid of the green stain if you have to show soon after the treatment. For ringworm Dr. naylors treatment works awesome but i don't know if you can get it down there it is white and the consistantcy of vasaline, The ring worm growth falls off like a wet scab.

hoof treat from Hamms if you can find it. farrier out of brehenem, tx makes it i think-foot rot. monostat for ringworm and clean all combs and brushes or anything that came in contact with it.

Latest posts