Foam Filled Tires Opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

No
It will beat them apart
I had a set for a tractor and only used them when brushhogging really rough stuff that would ruin a regular set of tires
They were so rough you could barely ride the tractor over 5 mph
But they were worth their weight in gold for what I used them for a couple times a yr

Angus Cowman":gq31jvc6 said:
No
It will beat them apart
I had a set for a tractor and only used them when brushhogging really rough stuff that would ruin a regular set of tires
They were so rough you could barely ride the tractor over 5 mph
But they were worth their weight in gold for what I used them for a couple times a yr

I'd like to have a set for this very purpose. What would it cost? i assume you would use old worn out tires for this purpose?

I just dropped off my tractor fronts 16" x7.5" and its going to cost 195.00 each. I was told they charge by the lb and that size would weigh 126 lbs @ 1.55 per lb I believe was the per lb charge. I was told they would not do old tires and tires that had slime in could potentially be refused and tires that had a lot of patches would be refused. I blew out a new 225.00 14 ply tire yesterday with a side wall puncture. I have blown several fronts and a set of rears in the last 2 years. So I hope this solves my problems. Rears will be next if the front perform well. This tractor is used a lot in clearing brush.

I got my foam filled fronts Saturday and put them on. I did not notice any difference in ride quality, but I am on a early 90's Case so its nota smooth tractor. Them suckers are heavy though and time will tell. I drove it about 2 miles, had to get tire truck to another tractor with blow out and cut a new road through some brush to get him into it.

Latest posts