Fly spray

Help Support CattleToday:

thebabybrahma

Reaction score
what kind of fly spray are you guys using? someone told me to mix some Malathion with kerosene would make some good stuff for rubs, facewipes and general spraying. has anyone tried the new Altosid in theie mineral with any success? thanks for any info, trying to stop the flies when we work our cattle for spring shots

thebabybrahma":lepu702d said:
what kind of fly spray are you guys using? someone told me to mix some Malathion with kerosene would make some good stuff for rubs, facewipes and general spraying. has anyone tried the new Altosid in theie mineral with any success? thanks for any info, trying to stop the flies when we work our cattle for spring shots

I have no idea what it is called, but we use an oil based product in the chutes - seems to stick better -especially if it rains.

Bez!

thebabybrahma":akfvib12 said:

Yes. I've used the malathion with diesel fuel on back rubs. The minerals with Altosid works pretty good also but the trick is to get them started on it early or I see little to no help. Around here I'll start it around the first of April, but as warm as it has been this week I may wish I had put it out earlier.
fitz