Fly control product ASAP

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I'm heading to the Co-op in about two hours to get some kind of fly control, any recommendations. I really need something I can just spray on if possible as I'm the only applying it today. An older cattleman told me about a product that started with a P and he said it was a pour on but he just sprayed it on them while they ate. Sorry I couldn't understand what the name was.

There are a jillion of them. What you probably want is one with Permethrin that is a pour on.

dun":3ie1ds1s said:
There are a jillion of them. What you probably want is one with Permethrin that is a pour on.

I think that is the one, can I spray it on them when I feed them? He said he even sprays it on their face.

I use Permethrin mix in a small garden sprayer. I drive slowly among the girls in a golf cart tossing cubes at them. When they stop to eat I spray their backs. I do it every few days as needed. I quit using fly minerals because it killed my dung beetles.

gabby":3212l99j said:
I use Permethrin mix in a small garden sprayer. I drive slowly among the girls in a golf cart tossing cubes at them. When they stop to eat I spray their backs. I do it every few days as needed. I quit using fly minerals because it killed my dung beetles.

Gabby...I still question that. I've been using mineral with IGR for several years and dung beetles are very plentiful. Can't even collect enough manure to use on the garden.

I've got mine trained pretty well. I mix up Permethrin in the 30 gallon drum on the back of the gator. Attach the spray assembly (with the hand held wand) and go into the middle of them. They have had it done so many times that I do believe they have figured out it kills the bugs. All the girls will let me hose them down, but the bull hasn't figured it out yet.

I started doing it at the feed trough, but now it doesn't even take feed anymore.

This is cheap and it is instant!

Latest posts