Fly a Flag on 9/11

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I received this e-mail and think it is a great idea--Since I fly an American flag 24/7/365 (spotlit at night) it will be no change for me- but I enjoy trips to town on the patriotic holiday days and the town has flags flying in front of every business......

Every day we need a little reminder of this War we are taking on for the free people of the world...

--------------------------------------------

Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this
email immediately to everyone in your address book asking them to
also We have a little less than one week and counting to get the word out
all across this great land and into every community in the United
States of America. If you forward this email to least 11 people and each of
those people do the same...you get the idea.

THE PROGRAM IS THIS:

On Monday, September 11th, 2006, an American flag should be displayed
outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States.

Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag
on this fifth anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this in
honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and
loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are
fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in
American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood
shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all
but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it
shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our
American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can
prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan: So, here's what we need you to do...

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people).
Please don't be the one to break this chain. Take a moment to think
back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans
should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make
it a priority on this day.
Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America

At the house where I grew up, my parents had a flag pole right in the center of the yard, set in concrete where the flag flew every day.

Katherine

VanC":3qsundnh said:
I used to fly the flag only on certain holidays. Since 09/11/01 I have flown it every day and will continue to do so.

Good for you, VanC! :)

I'm not complaining but flags get expensive. A 17 dollar flag only lasts about 5 months here in the wind. I've bought 13 flags and I'm in need of a new one. It is amazing how many light bulbs burn out when they are on all night like that too.

somn":3b8prh09 said:
I'm not complaining but flags get expensive. A 17 dollar flag only lasts about 5 months here in the wind. I've bought 13 flags and I'm in need of a new one. It is amazing how many light bulbs burn out when they are on all night like that too.
Small price to pay compared to what is has cost so many.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":380j5k4j said:
somn":380j5k4j said:
Small price to pay compared to what is has cost so many.

I would have to agree.

somn":1in0d2rk said:

I think mine have been costing me $20 or $25 from the local Vets Club- but it is money well spent...I always plan to put a new one up every New Years Day and every 4th of July- unless they get too ratty looking before that....

In my garden I have the George Cross for England and the Stars and Stripes flying all the time. and in each of mine and my husbands cars there is one of each flags. God Bless everyone who lost someone on that sad day, and to those brave Lads and Lasses fighting for the cause. :arrow: the World, God Bless our two Great Nations.

thanks for the reminder, oldtimer!!! the butte standard sends out a small (11"x14") paper flag for folks to put in the windows of their vehicles or in the window of their homes!! am going to bozeman today to get much needed groceries and will look for a nice flag for our yard while I am there!! :D

Howdy,

Great idea!

And if you need anymore incentive, you could fly the flag in memory of my Father and Mother.

RADM Wilson F. Flagg USNR (Ret.)
Darlene E. Flagg
AA Flight 77
Sept. 11, 2001

Daybreak":3egmi9hp said:
Howdy,

Great idea!

And if you need anymore incentive, you could fly the flag in memory of my Father and Mother.

Darlene E. Flagg
AA Flight 77
Sept. 11, 2001

I most certainly will.

Daybreak":v4l6i4r2 said:
Howdy,

Great idea!

Darlene E. Flagg
AA Flight 77
Sept. 11, 2001

so sorry to hear that, I will make a point of flying the flag here, we do have a two minute silence here on this day to remember, all that lost their lives on this tragic day.

Latest posts