Flushing

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We are getting two cows ready to flush. The time change has us a bit fouled up daylight savings time starts tonight so we started giving shots at 8:30 a.m. and p.m. tomorrow morning we change to 7:30 am and pm. The main farm is about 8 miles from the home place so the worst part is having to drive over at 8 after we get all relaxed for the evening. But sometimes we get to see something that makes it kinda cool.

This guy was sitting on the post when we pulled into the working area.

Edited to add yes bungee straps work great for quick gate repair!

Gizmom

Worse thing I see driving at night is the deer. Our daughter totaled another car her third on deer alone. I'll never figure out how deer keep running into the front of her car.

True Grit Farms":3g2gi1cz said:
Worse thing I see driving at night is the deer. Our daughter totaled another car her third on deer alone. I'll never figure out how deer keep running into the front of her car.

Gonna have to buy her a used Crown Vic police cruiser with a ranch hand on the front!

JMJ Farms":oqfwt5zr said:
True Grit Farms":oqfwt5zr said:

Gonna have to buy her a used Crown Vic police cruiser with a ranch hand on the front!
Her mom let's her sport around in her car at night but she's not driving my truck around after dark. She was driving the old farm truck till the Eastman cop pulled her over. She even learned how to switch the tanks from oil to fuel to save gas money.

Jacob should be home from his hunting trip tomorrow so he can take over the night time shots..hopefully we will have good results. Last time I went in with very low expectations. I ended up being pleasantly surprised we got 9 out of our SAV Blackbird 9057 cow and 9 out of our Blackcap May 0524 cow. We never saw a good heat on either of them and it was so hot I just thought it was going to go really bad. This time since the weather has cooled off a bit I have a glimmer of hope on this one, we will find out on the 9th. Last time we flushed 9057 to SAV Renown 3439 and 0524 to Coleman Charlo. This time 9057 will be flushed to Rainfall and 0524 to SAV Reign. We will flush both again on January 5th that flush we will flush 9057 to Coleman Bravo and I am going to flush 0524 to SAV Extension. Jscunn if you get a chance I would love for you to swing by and give me your thoughts on the Abundance, Absolute and Reign calves we have on the ground. I confess I think they are the best we have raised.

Gizmom

gave last shots on 2 donors today, your right time change almost jacked me up, been doing 6:30 6:30 which has been daylight and dark, this evening it was almost like loosing 2 hrs, figured 5;30 it was almost pitch dark then, glad shots are done.
1 donor is mine XXP flushing to Discovery, doing the other for a friend not sure the cow but using Prophet K263
will do more in Dec deffinetly using Extension on a Credence daughter and a 707 daughter maybe.
Good Luck with your flush

Gimom,
Would love to swing by, I can come by one morning on my way to check cows how does 4:30 am work for you? :hide:

Seriously I would like to swing by maybe after I get back from MO and I get some more stuff checked off my fall to do list.