Florida ranching documentary

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":32r5hfnv said:
Found this documentary tonight. It's quit interesting to see how people operate in different parts of the country. It may not play. I've never posted a YouTube video before. Maybe one of you techie types can fix it, if it doesn't.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tid-7WmMXUQ

Interesting program. Thanks for posting.

Shantilly":1gvgu5b8 said:
its working :) and very informative.. thank you for sharing this will help with my book :) super big hugs

I actually thought about your book when I saw it.

just watched the other link JLane posted..i grew up in Miami and we had a cattle ranch owned by Grahams Dairy out towards Opa Locka... I always enjoyed going by it and seeing the cattle and of course curious about how they got to be in that pasture...as the years went by that pasture got smaller n smaller.. part of was still there the last time i went down in 2010.. but it sure wasnt as big anymore :( I hope ya'll know that the more I know the sadder and madder I get that your way of life is constantly threatened by money grubbing idiots... sorry but they are idiots.. they want to move the one thing they enjoy most.. eating... to make way for another copycat housing sub division.. they wont succeed in driving it all away thanks to a lot of hard working people that made sure that the land is protected through their stewardships.. this is really an eye opening experience for me ..and I'm just getting started. In one part a cowboy said If you ask a lot of questions that shows your really are interested in learning. I will be asking questions, but to just start out asking them when you don't know anything more than moo cow in pasture..thats way too many to bug people on and it's best to learn the basics and when you come across something that you don't understand ..then ask. It's less irritating. biggest hugs to ya'll and thanks for working so hard to put food on my table :) * takes hat off to all of you* :)

"I actually thought about your book when I saw it."
tysm :) I wasn't having much luck with the locals, guess its the wrong time of the year, idk. And then some family stuff came up so I was going to try again once I got that settled. But with this information I can work on it a little in between stuff:) In a way I understand why people acted funny when I asked about how things are done today vs back in the old days. Not much has changed as far as driving the cattle and such. :) I'm feeling really blessed right now that I have learned so much this night about the Florida cowboys, cow chasers and crackers...:) take care and God bless you all :) super big hugs

I told my dad about the documentary, he has no intrest in watching it of course. He told me that he had an uncle that moved from Ky to Florida a few years before the depression to work as a cowhand on some place. He ended up owning a dairy/beef/citrus operation. Imminent domain was used to take his place in the 60's, and the family lost touch with him. His place was in the kissime sp. area.

Latest posts