Flexing Problems with Maine

Help Support CattleToday:

Diamond G

Reaction score
My nephew shows a Maine and the last two major shows in Ft. Worth and San Antonio the judges says she is not flexing enough in her lower part ?? And she is a little to deep in the front end me being more on the pasture type cow, I am not sure what they is referring to. She is placing about middle of her class but was wandering if there is something we can do before Houston to help out with these issues especially the flexing part.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Not much you can do, just means she is too straight (according to the judges) If you are going to keep her for a cow, be sure to use a bull that will not exacerbate the problem.

post some pics if u can I know HLSR isnt that for away theres not much that can be done im thinking but just make sure she get walked anuff to keep her from sniffing up so she will move better then worst. But who is she out of???

Thanks for the info and FYI the last couple of shows has been pretty cool weather for her being she is used to East Texas heat. But we want give up and try hard in Houston.