flat tractor tire

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
For the last couple weeks the back right tire on my tractor has been leaking down. So Saturday I took it off to fix it. I didn't think I would ever get the bead broke. I,'ve had the tractor for 13 years and from the looks of the tube. It must have been on for at least 20 years. Drove to town an got a 90$ tube and everything went back together perfect. Today I was cleaning up a fence row and stuck a picker tooth in the backhoe tire. The tube was good in it so I just patched it. Tomorrow I'll feel the use of the tire beater this weekend.

denvermartinfarms":2032xalj said:
How is the backhoe running?

It runs pretty good for its age. I put a new carb and a couple of hyd lines on it. Its got a few hyd. leaks that I chasing down but I'm pleased so far. My plan was to not put more than 2k in it to make it useable got 1900 in it right now. I know I will have more than that in it with maintenace and upkeep but that cost is expected. I've dug a few holes and cleaned up some fence rows. I have got to get the power steering fixed it will work you to death.

An easy way to break a bead on a tractor tire is with a high lift jack and a log chain. Wrap the chain around the tire and rim and make a loop place the foot of the jack on the bead place the loop of the chain on the step thing and jack it up until the bead breaks loose. Most of the time i never take the rim off the tractor.

Easest way to fix rear tractor tire for me is to call Floyd Nelson and he will come out and fix it for $75.00.