• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Flat locked

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
6,452
Reaction score
73
Location
Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota
Flat got locked bcs y'all went and used the "G" word.

As for flat earth....
28% of the world's population is Muslim and the Koran is interpreted by muslim scholars as teaching the earth is flat.
Because it is a form of a cult questioning its' teachings is not allowed, so it comes down to believe it or else for many
by glossing over it and moving on to another subject.

Several years ago I was talking with a foreign born Muslim daughter of a Muslim doctor.
She was enrolled in college and I was surprised by such a lack of understanding of science by an intelligent young
woman from a well educated family. But she was a wiz at advanced mathematics.
 

Caustic Burno

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
25,845
Reaction score
123
Location
Big Thicket East Texas
Son of Butch":1y07ifzb said:
Flat got locked bcs y'all went and used the "G" word.

As for flat earth....
28% of the world's population is Muslim and the Koran is interpreted by muslim scholars as teaching the earth is flat.
Because it is a form of a cult questioning its' teachings is not allowed, so it comes down to believe it or else for many
by glossing over it and moving on to another subject.

Several years ago I was talking with a foreign born Muslim daughter of a Muslim doctor.
She was enrolled in college and I was surprised by such a lack of understanding of science by an intelligent young
woman from a well educated family. But she was a wiz at advanced mathematics.


Many of the early Christians were told what to think and believe as well.
Lot of it had to do with simple illiteracy and there where no printed copies of anything. Government and church were very corrupt and interwoven. Big difference is there were questions that arose and different interpretations in the 13th or 14th centuries on the gift of grace.
Another huge distinction is free choice versus no choice.
 

Bright Raven

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2017
Messages
10,701
Reaction score
2
Location
Kentucky
As for the world is flat....
Religion has a history of impeding the advancement of learning and new discovery.
 

ddd75

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2015
Messages
2,433
Reaction score
0
Location
KY
i watched some science show and it said something like its a 50% chance we're living in a computer program right now.
 

D2Cat

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 12, 2012
Messages
870
Reaction score
23
Location
50 miles south of Kansas City
So the reason the airlines flying from the US to Far East fly over the northern route is it's more scenic?

Why is it on flat seas you can see about 11 miles and then no further? Or why are pictures taken from space only showing about half of the land area we know about?
 

Nesikep

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
16,033
Reaction score
150
Location
Lillooet, BC, Canada
whenever there's a conspiracy, someone has to f* it up by forgetting about it.. There would be hundred of such examples of pictures of a flat earth from space if that was the case.

I saw a meme a while ago that also made sense.. "If the earth was flat, cats would have knocked everything off it by now"
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
30,458
Reaction score
30
Location
Heart of Texas
Caustic Burno":2rdzi7ls said:
Son of Butch":2rdzi7ls said:
Flat got locked bcs y'all went and used the "G" word.

As for flat earth....
28% of the world's population is Muslim and the Koran is interpreted by muslim scholars as teaching the earth is flat.
Because it is a form of a cult questioning its' teachings is not allowed, so it comes down to believe it or else for many
by glossing over it and moving on to another subject.

Several years ago I was talking with a foreign born Muslim daughter of a Muslim doctor.
She was enrolled in college and I was surprised by such a lack of understanding of science by an intelligent young
woman from a well educated family. But she was a wiz at advanced mathematics.


Many of the early Christians were told what to think and believe as well.
Lot of it had to do with simple illiteracy and there where no printed copies of anything. Government and church were very corrupt and interwoven. Big difference is there were questions that arose and different interpretations in the 13th or 14th centuries on the gift of grace.
Another huge distinction is free choice versus no choice.
Why would you want a printed copy of something you could not even read let alone afford to buy?? Actually muslims accept that the world is round or oval. Even the bible mentions the "four corners of the earth".
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
30,458
Reaction score
30
Location
Heart of Texas
Son of Butch":185zsh7w said:
Flat got locked bcs y'all went and used the "G" word.

"G" word was not used unless you consider father son and holy spirit. I think Mod locks one when there is a post CB can't refute.....CB or you the Mod?? Confess young man. lololol
 

TCRanch

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2015
Messages
4,851
Reaction score
102
Location
Winfield, KS
Nesikep":k7dnic5c said:
whenever there's a conspiracy, someone has to f* it up by forgetting about it.. There would be hundred of such examples of pictures of a flat earth from space if that was the case.

I saw a meme a while ago that also made sense.. "If the earth was flat, cats would have knocked everything off it by now"
Saw that on FB the other day & laaaaaughed. 'Cuz it's true!
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
30,458
Reaction score
30
Location
Heart of Texas
Nesikep":k1zwnjl2 said:
whenever there's a conspiracy, someone has to f* it up by forgetting about it.. There would be hundred of such examples of pictures of a flat earth from space if that was the case.

I saw a meme a while ago that also made sense.. "If the earth was flat, cats would have knocked everything off it by now"
Ever picture from space the earth is flat. looks flat anyway no matter how far away the pic was taken. Same for the moon.
 

Bestoutwest

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 28, 2012
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
0
Location
Idaho
ddd75":2foa1tru said:
i watched some science show and it said something like its a 50% chance we're living in a computer program right now.

The Matrix isn't a science show, it's a movie.
 

Latest posts

Top