Flags are half mast in Texas-

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Nelly Conally will be buried today...She was the last person alive who was rideing in the car with JFK when he was shot in Dallas..

peg4x4":29peaijm said:
Nelly Conally will be buried today...She was the last person alive who was rideing in the car with JFK when he was shot in Dallas..

Sorry for Nelly but her husband was the Jack ASS that fought the legislation to preserve our only subtropical rainforest.
Conally help the timber companies destroy over 4 million acres of rainforest, until Congress steped in to save the last 90.000 acres.

Caustic Burno":3ob8y2xw said:
peg4x4":3ob8y2xw said:

Sorry for Nelly but her husband was the Jack ASS that fought the legislation to preserve our only subtropical rainforest.
Conally help the timber companies destroy over 4 million acres of rainforest, until Congress steped in to save the last 90.000 acres.

Nelly Conally wasn't her husband. Whatever he did or didn't do has nothing at all to do with respecting her for what she was...a kind and gracious lady.

Alice

I have yet to meet/hear about a politition with any horsesense....all are in the game for their own profit..However,LadyBird and Nelly seemed to be nice enough,in spite of their husbands..

peg4x4":2nujjd4c said:

Her passing does seem to mark some kind of milestone, I'm just not sure what the mark means. That day in Dallas was pretty formative for me and a lot of others.
Y'know, the next spring I was able to shake LBJ's hand over an airport fence in Louisville, Ky. Less than a year since the assasination and he was diving into crowds. No screening, we just showed up.
Today, if you go to an airport when Air Force 1 is in town and act interested in the Pres, you will likely end up naked face down while they decide if you represent a threat.
Too bad. I was a 15 yr old kid at the time, and it was pretty neat to have shaken a President's (any president, don't want to start a debate over LBJ) hand. His hand was harder than the sole of your shoe, by the way. Only thing I can compare to is dairyman's hands.
RIP, Nelly.

Sorry to hear about Nelly. That day in Dallas and 9/11/01 are two days that will be seared in my memory till the day I die. I'm sure that's true of millions of others.

P.S. Speaking of presidents, I shook both Jimmy Carter's and Ronald Reagan's hands (at different times of course), but before they became president.

Nelly's composure during that awful time stands out in my memory. She conveyed such strength. I was in the 7th grade when that happened, and I remember it vividly.

Alice

Bless her and all that past today. Bless their family's more so.

Every life has a string attached. None is less then the other.

Wewild":2gbul21e said:
Bless her and all that past today. Bless their family's more so.

Every life has a string attached. None is less then the other.

Well said!

VanC":1qa0vg2i said:
P.S. Speaking of presidents, I shook both Jimmy Carter's and Ronald Reagan's hands (at different times of course), but before they became president.

Would that have been the low and high point of your life? :lol:

Latest posts