Fixin to get interesting.

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh I think it's great Cory. It's not the way our family would do it, but it's a good discussion and if it works for you all the better. I'm sure the baby will be well loved, and that's what counts.
TB, yes in our house abortion is a option. I don't know how I'd feel, but if my daughter choose to have a abortion, yes I would go with her choice. Right, wrong or otherwise, I'm not going to disown my daughter because she feels like an abortion is what is best for her.

highgrit":k3tuxtog said:
Our family is a little different than most I guess. For one we wouldn't put it all out there like Hook has. But it a good discussion and my daughter has read the whole thread. I've been raised Christian conservative, and raised my family the same way. But in my family there's always going to be the option of choice. We're not going to take any options off the table. Different folks have different ideals, and I'm sure ours are different than most folks on this board. But you have to live with your choices, right, wrong or other wise.
Hook and his family are doing what's best for them, right, wrong or otherwise. And I wish him and his family the best of luck.

Ditto. I also think one should have the freedom to make their own choices right or wrong but I don't think its society's responsibility to pay for someone's mistakes. I hope they both step up, grow up and work together to raise the child right and in a loving home.

highgrit":289dqka9 said:
Oh I think it's great Cory. It's not the way our family would do it, but it's a good discussion and if it works for you all the better. I'm sure the baby will be well loved, and that's what counts.
TB, yes in our house abortion is a option. I don't know how I'd feel, but if my daughter choose to have a abortion, yes I would go with her choice. Right, wrong or otherwise, I'm not going to disown my daughter because she feels like an abortion is what is best for her.
What's best for her??? That wasn't a high priority during the ecstacy of conception. What about the baby??? Anybody that could approve an abortion has no right to ever condemn muslims for cutting off someone's head or burning someone alive.

FWIW I'm taking my daughters to purity ball here in town tonight. It's pretty big doeins here.

Well I gave this post a lot of thought. I try not to be a hypocrite, so how can I believe in the death penalty and not abortion? And if my daughter was raped, I would like for her to have the choice of an abortion. And I also want the rapist dead. You can't have it both ways, to me that's how a liberal thinks. If you really think about people's values it just doesn't add up to me. A conservative believes in the death penalty and less government intrusion and is against a woman's right to choose what's happening with her life. And a liberal doesn't believe in the death penalty, but approves of abortion and wants the government to think for them. I don't expect anyone to live by my rules, and no one is going to tell me how to live my life. And yes I'm willing to fight and die for what I believe in. To me everything is black or white, no grey areas.

highgrit":2hr89r37 said:
Well I gave this post a lot of thought. I try not to be a hypocrite, so how can I believe in the death penalty and not abortion? And if my daughter was raped, I would like for her to have the choice of an abortion. And I also want the rapist dead. You can't have it both ways, to me that's how a liberal thinks. If you really think about people's values it just doesn't add up to me. A conservative believes in the death penalty and less government intrusion and is against a woman's right to choose what's happening with her life. And a liberal doesn't believe in the death penalty, but approves of abortion and wants the government to think for them. I don't expect anyone to live by my rules, and no one is going to tell me how to live my life. And yes I'm willing to fight and die for what I believe in. To me everything is black or white, no grey areas.

I was determined to stay out of this, but I just can't. I consider myself a conservative. I have mixed feelings about the death penalty. While there's no doubt in my mind that there are evil people who deserve it, I'm not real comfortable with the government having the power to take a life. As far as abortIon, while I'd wholeheartedly agree that the Government shouldn't be able to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body, if she's pregnant then that baby isn't her body. It's someone else's, deserving of protection, and shouldn't be discarded because his or her continuing existence is inconvenient.

I think abortion is going to be as divisive as the (not) Civil War. 150 years later, still strong feelings and no consensus. However it's the law of the land that a woman can legally have an abortion so you can opinionate all you want to but unless you actually have a uterus in working order, it's a decision you'll never have to make.

It isn't the course in life that Hook would have chosen for his daughter, but it isn't a total catastrophe either. I'm sure he would rather hear Daddy I'm pregnant, than have the highway patrol come to his door to tell them she lost her life in a wreck. I am a product of teenage parents who tried to "do the right thing" and get married and raise me but they are totally different people and the marriage didn't last long. However both of them did a great job of putting my best interest first and I wouldn't trade my raising for anybody else's.

Even if the woman's been raped? Or got pregnant against her will? Or Incest? We will never agree on the abortion issue. I've been trying to get my daughter to tell me how she feels on the abortion issue. She says we'll cross that bridge when we get there. She tells us she doesn't want children, and that's her choice. Just like Hooks daughter wants to have this baby, it's her choice. And I don't care what the father or his family thinks, its her choice. Good, bad or otherwise.

Not locked yet so I will weigh in- Congrats Hook is the big thing! Now for me and my opinion stepping up and getting married are two entirely different things. If they are in love and would be getting married without a kid in the picture then by all means they should have at it. If it is the result of bad judgement and being young then the best thing they can do is agree to raise and take responsibility for it. If they can't then their responsibility is to find someone who can. To many people make that mistake of thinking marriage is the solution and make a not ideal situation a disaster. Best of luck to all parties and I hope you have a healthy baby to make all these decisions for!

Rafter S":2d45g9pr said:
I was determined to stay out of this, but I just can't. I consider myself a conservative. I have mixed feelings about the death penalty. While there's no doubt in my mind that there are evil people who deserve it, I'm not real comfortable with the government having the power to take a life. As far as abortIon, while I'd wholeheartedly agree that the Government shouldn't be able to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body, if she's pregnant then that baby isn't her body. It's someone else's, deserving of protection, and shouldn't be discarded because his or her continuing existence is inconvenient.
That's the way I've always seen all of it as well. On the abortion part(and I find it disgusting that we can't say every day obscenities but we can flop the "A" word out in a conversation and that's just fine... talk about offensive) I use the example of a car crash. If a car crashes into your living room you're highly inconvenienced but it doesn't give you the right to shoot the driver of the car for disrupting your evening.

Hook~ You are doing what's best for your family. Ain't no one else standing in shoes. Just keep doing what's best for y'all and I'll offer up some prayers for each one of you.

msplmtneer":30awfomn said:
Hook do what you feel is right and do it the best you can!

Luca
Matthew 7: 1-2 you ever read this?
Also never judge a person until you have walked a mile in their moccasins!
:tiphat:
The reference means little to me since I only read nonfiction, but correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't that book also recommend stoning as the best solution in situations like this? Unless of course the mother to be is clever enough to avoid it by coming up with an original story like a miracle being responsible for the pregnancy and not the boyfriend.
I'm all for living and let live, but when the majority of those whose irresponsibility affects me in the form of spending my tax money and all of the other associated social ills, I'll speak up.
No one has considered adoption as one of the possible solutions. It seems that there is no such thing as good gilrs from good families who make mistakes anymore, who have the sense to do what's best for all involved. All anyone can think about is abortion, keeping the child and dragging everyone down or staying in a loveless relationship which ultimately has the same result.

Luca Brasi":20cd4ied said:
msplmtneer":20cd4ied said:

Luca
The reference means little to me since I only read nonfiction, but correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't that book also recommend stoning as the best solution in situations like this? Unless of course the mother to be is clever enough to avoid it by coming up with an original story like a miracle being responsible for the pregnancy and not the boyfriend.
I'm all for living and let live, but when the majority of those whose irresponsibility affects me in the form of spending my tax money and all of the other associated social ills, I'll speak up.
No one has considered adoption as one of the possible solutions. It seems that there is no such thing as good gilrs from good families who make mistakes anymore, who have the sense to do what's best for all involved. All anyone can think about is abortion, keeping the child and dragging everyone down or staying in a loveless relationship which ultimately has the same result.
I suspect with that blasphemy some hard times are in your future. And while your on your knees begging for mercy those words will begin to mean something especially when you are reminded of them for all eternity.

Luca Brasi":2qpisdf4 said:
msplmtneer":2qpisdf4 said:

Luca
You're just a ray of sunshine arent you. Trust me, the birth of this kid will never affect you.

Best of luck to your daughter. I pray that things will go well for her, and with her family's support things will be easier.Now is the time that she really needs you. You are standing by her. Nothing brings more joy and hope to a family than a little baby. It gives you something to look forward to.
Who are we to judge? We all make mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them and move on making the best of it. God has a plan for this child, and I just know that you and your family will love it and take good care of it.
I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Latest posts