Fixin to get interesting.

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook":36keatga said:
Found out that were going to be grandparents. Circumstances could be better but we're going to make the best of it. at least she stuck with her own

Nothing new here my friend this has been going on since Adam and Eve.
Your job now has changed to a support role and mostly keep your mouth shut.
Let the Mrs. do 99.9% here and you just say yes or no mam.
Communication between a mother and a daughter you will never understand
as you don't speak the language.

Just think, in a few months, you will be able to start your own "First one hit the ground" thread ;-)
Congrats hook. I wasn't very pleased with my oldest daughters choice, but..........he's turned out to be a good guy. Hopefully yours will too.

Ouachita":12mx7jqh said:
Just think, in a few months, you will be able to start your own "First one hit the ground" thread ;-)
Congrats hook. I wasn't very pleased with my oldest daughters choice, but..........he's turned out to be a good guy. Hopefully yours will too.

Hardest thing to learn is we don't get to pick their mates.
As I once read the dumbest, sorriest SOB married my daughter just
happens to be the father of the prettiest and smartest grandkid.

Caustic Burno":23w1byca said:
Ouachita":23w1byca said:

Hardest thing to learn is we don't get to pick their mates.
As I once read the dumbest, sorriest SOB married my daughter just
happens to be the father of the prettiest and smartest grandkid.

Yep. That's the truth, with the hide skinned off

Deepsouth":jwajhuvp said:
It's flesh of your flesh that's all that matters.
There's a lot of truth to that. I got hit with the news as we walked out the door to work this morning. After the shock wore off we made arrangements to verify the home test at the doctor. At that point it don't matter what I felt or anything from the past. From here on what matters is the future. My dad taught me everything about what not to do as a parent and grandparent. So far it's served me well. When you have kids young (planned) and they have kids young, it gives you the opportunity to be the best grandpa ever whole thinking you're still 20 years old!

Hook, that feeling you had will be near the same with second, third, forth, and I suspect fifth and so on. My oldest son was already married when his wife got pregnant. My oldest daughter was not, although she and her man had been dating over a year and were talking about it. I did not approve of my daughters choice; I didn't like the clothes he wore, the way he talked, walked, you name it. Turns out daughter knew him a lot better than I did, and I just didn't like him because he wasn't like me. He knew that. We've talked about it. We get along very well now and although I still think he's a freaking weirdo :lol2: , he is a very good father and husband (and a hard worker, becoming a father can change a boy into a man very very fast. Encourage this transition all you can. Put forth all the extra effort you have in to helping him become the man that is inside him already)
I have 2 grandkids "on the ground"; a 3 yo boy, and a 2 yo girl, and learned last month my DIL, mother of the 3 yo boy has one in the oven due in August, and learned just a few days ago my daughter, mother of the 2 yo girl, has one in the oven due in October. My first reaction when my wife told me the news was exactly the same as the first time around "how can they afford them". Then my wife reminded me that we could not afford ours either. But we found a way back then called hard work, double shift, weekends and etc. If there is one thing I could stress to you, if this is the only thing that you and your wife could agree on concerning this situation, is to make them (daughter and SIL to be) understand that they are responsible for what they bring in to this world. Now, the grandkids, that's different. Just take CB's advice and give grandma the checkbook :nod:
Just advice from a hillbilly that loves his grandkids. Oh, and another thing I might add............The ugliest SOB I ever seen in my life sure did make the prettiest girl I ever saw

Hook":2vft1zp9 said:
Deepsouth":2vft1zp9 said:
It's flesh of your flesh that's all that matters.
There's a lot of truth to that. I got hit with the news as we walked out the door to work this morning. After the shock wore off we made arrangements to verify the home test at the doctor. At that point it don't matter what I felt or anything from the past. From here on what matters is the future. My dad taught me everything about what not to do as a parent and grandparent. So far it's served me well. When you have kids young (planned) and they have kids young, it gives you the opportunity to be the best grandpa ever whole thinking you're still 20 years old!

Just rember this Hook, what happened is not the baby's fault.

Latest posts