Five days surrounded by devils and demons

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
who disguised themselves as doctors, nurses and technicians.

Only allowed to sleep an average of four hours per night I have been poked, prodded, stuck, sliced on, had holes punched in me and put on the rack and foreign objects installed in my body.

The worst was when they poked a hole in my back and sucked about a liter of fluid from around my left lung. I felt like Bodacious was dancing on my chest. Yesterday they installed a porta-cath up next to my right collar bone. One good thing about that. I'll never need to be stuck for an I.V. again.

The bottom line is that after the MRIs and the Bonescans and the xrays and all the blood tests and the analysis of the fluid the cancer is still contained only in the tumor. That means it can/will be attacked using both chemo and radiation. I may be a sick old dog for a while but the chances for survival just went up. Treatment should start this week.Z

I wish I could get my mother to tell her story. She just can't get to the point where she can help folks.
Be strong. Your mind and the prayer of others is what can save you.

Hollar at me if you need some support.

Dadgumit, Z...this just ain't right! I wish there was something...anything...that I could do for you. Yet, in reality, I guess ya' just gotta take it one day at a time. And, believe me, you're gonna get good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

You're tough, but it's ok for you to be a little put out about all of this. Just know you're in our hearts.

Alice

Dang it, Z! I read your post and was all set to answer when I skipped down and, low and behold, Alice had pretty much said it all. Amazing sometimes how she and I think alike. Her being a hopeless liberal and me being a hopeless conservative and all. Just remember, those "devils and demons" are really angels in disguise. My family and I are praying for you. I just thank God that the word cancer doesn't mean an automatic death sentence like it used to.

Z, I know how you feel. I'm supposed to go back again for one last operation but I find every excuse in the world not to. After five operations, I just can't make myself go back. But it is amazing what the doctors can do for you if you will let them. You got my prayers.

Z and Jo you guys hang in there thay are always finding new things in medicine.Z it hasn't spread so you are at the starting gate the doc's can work miracles these days.Jo get your but back there and get it done.You keep putting it off and it might be too late.Do it for your family that loves you and needs you with them.I had a cancer scare myself a couple weeks ago but after a biopsy it is benign thank the big L.Hadn't seen my hubby cry in many years I guess the old grump does care.Lost too many loved ones and friends to it; if they would have followed up and followed through they might be here today.

And ladies even if cancer doesn't run in your family get a mammogram.

Well I hate it that you are going through that. Notice the going through part? Hopefully you won't get sick with the Chemo, some people don't. You and Jo are in my prayers. Keep us informed on how you are doing.

My F-I-L was in the hospital one time and the nurses would come in all hours and wake him up. Woke him up one time to weigh him. He hit the roof and told them not to come in to let him get some sleep. They did. So if it isn't something crucial maybe they could let you sleep.

HAY MAKER":29di9deu said:
Good luck old boy,Im bettin you will be fine,where are you getting the chemo,san antonio ?...............good luck

Austin. The Shivers Treatment Center which is somehow attached to Brackenridge which is part of the Seton system. Basically it came down to the Powers That Be said to he!! with the goverment lazocrats. Let's git it done.Z

both are in my prayers and Jo get yourself back, as time is at the essense in this sort of thing, a wait can be to late. Z hope all goes well hang in there Cyber Buddy.....like hillsdown I had to go for a recheck on a Mammogram but thankfully everything was OK.

I have lost to many family to this awful desease, if anyone suspects anything is wrong don't be proud, get it checked out. better to be safe than sorry.

Hillsdown and Chrissy, I didn't mean to imply I had anything life threatening. I'm just going through some reconstructive work from a card fate dealt me. I was affirming Z's sentiments toward the folks at the hospital. They have poked and prodded me just about all they are going to and since mine is not life threatening they ain't touching me again - for a while anyway.

Jogeephus":3ekw4t77 said:
Hillsdown and Chrissy, I didn't mean to imply I had anything life threatening. I'm just going through some reconstructive work from a card fate dealt me. I was affirming Z's sentiments toward the folks at the hospital. They have poked and prodded me just about all they are going to and since mine is not life threatening they ain't touching me again - for a while anyway.

That's good to know it isn't life threatening, if it's something you can live with I can understand you have had enough. take care.....Chris.

Since when did an old stud whine about too many fillies in his pasture??? :lol: :lol:

You remember how knucklehead stallions are treated, so act like a gelding, do what you are told, and get well ya hear!! :lol:

ALX

If my basketcase primadonna of a Dau#2 can get thro 2 years of treatments,a tough ol' bird like you should sail right on..Remember,MAKE them tell you what they're doing..It's you'r right to know,and keeps them on their toes. :lol: :heart: