Fishing in the rain

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms

Reaction score
Today was opening day of muzzleloader season here, last night it started raining and still hasn't stopped, were supposed to get up to 3 inches before it's over. So me and dad decided that 35 degree's and pouring rain was better fishing weather than hunting weather. Tomorrow will be opening day for me now. It sure was a pretty day on the lake, fishing was decent, the wind didn't blow enough to make it good. Caught a lot of decent smallmouth's but we don't eat them, so it was just a nice day fishing without putting dinner in the live well.

denvermartinfarms":1rjed4hn said:
greybeard":1rjed4hn said:
"I'm against fishing in the rain"--Tom T. Hall
Are you sure that's who your thinking of?
As I am prone (driven) to do, I always answer a direct question in kind. Directly and honestly.
Yes, I'm sure that is who I am thinking of.

Now, is my thinking in error?
That, is another question entirely, and would likely generate a completely different answer. Wouldn't be the first or last time my thinking misleads me.

greybeard":7jq37m2f said:
denvermartinfarms":7jq37m2f said:
greybeard":7jq37m2f said:
As I am prone (driven) to do, I always answer a direct question in kind. Directly and honestly.
Yes, I'm sure that is who I am thinking of.

Now, is my thinking in error?
That, is another question entirely, and would likely generate a completely different answer. Wouldn't be the first or last time my thinking misleads me.
:lol2: I don't even know why I said that, you may be right, and I may be wrong, not a big deal.

denvermartinfarms":8g88rrgl said:
Today was opening day of muzzleloader season here, last night it started raining and still hasn't stopped, were supposed to get up to 3 inches before it's over. So me and dad decided that 35 degree's and pouring rain was better fishing weather than hunting weather. Tomorrow will be opening day for me now. It sure was a pretty day on the lake, fishing was decent, the wind didn't blow enough to make it good. Caught a lot of decent smallmouth's but we don't eat them, so it was just a nice day fishing without putting dinner in the live well.

DMF

Value those days and keep the memories strong - someday you will be with your own children and telling them about this day.

Best to you

Bez

When the real fishing starts here for salmon and steelhead it's always in the rain ... Well most of the time, if it's not raining it's frozen.

snake67":17a0zry0 said:
denvermartinfarms":17a0zry0 said:

DMF

Value those days and keep the memories strong - someday you will be with your own children and telling them about this day.

Best to you

Bez

X2

snake67":3taeksaz said:
denvermartinfarms":3taeksaz said:

DMF

Best to you

Bez
I agree, those are days I will never forget, well I might forget a few, because there are a ton of them :lol2: we know people who only fish on nice sunny, calm, warm days, days like today are when you need to be fishing.

skeeter swatter":33bencfq said:
denvermartinfarms":33bencfq said:
greybeard":33bencfq said:

Hank Jr. "I'm for love"
That's what I thought, but I looked it up on google and Tom t hall has something to the effect also, but I was thinking the same as you.

denvermartinfarms":v35hmyme said:
Kingfisher":v35hmyme said:
Whats that big building in the back ground?
That's my house, did I not mention this is my private 43000 acre pond? :lol2:. Ok, not really, it's a hotel.
I suppose with a pond that big you don't really need a swimming pool...;). What's the name of the " pond?"

Kingfisher":30t5lnw0 said:
denvermartinfarms":30t5lnw0 said:
Kingfisher":30t5lnw0 said:
Whats that big building in the back ground?
That's my house, did I not mention this is my private 43000 acre pond? :lol2:. Ok, not really, it's a hotel.
I suppose with a pond that big you don't really need a swimming pool...;). What's the name of the " pond?"
Table rock. The dam was just out of the picture.

Latest posts