Fish Tale

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Back during the dust bowl years my Mom and Dad were just about starved to death in West Texas....Dads half brothers wrote from Houston"Come here,you can weld,there's work in the shipyards" Well,no money..no way to go..So Dad was walking by the very deminished river,talking to the Lord.."Lord,I've gotta get to Houston,can you give me a hand?" He saw a hollow log stuck in the bottom of the river,with a fish tail sticking out..Oh well,fish for supper..so he stuck some sticks over the opening to keep the fish in,and went to get some tow sacks,and Mom..Well they pulled enough fish out of that log to sell to restrants and homemakers ..got enough money to buy a 12th hand model T ,to get to Houston!! Dad was so nervous he failed his welding test.....He stood there with tears in his eyes,telling the master about the fish and all..the master edged the test weld off the dock and told
Dad to come back tomorrow,they couldn't test him today..He passed!! He bult warships,Mom got pregnant with me,then my brother..all was good..Dad would till us about the fish in the log and tell us to look around when we pray..the answer may be a fish.. :heart:

Yep,absolute true......Daddy wouldn't tell it out of family,or let us tell it,but their both gone now,and I think it's a story that needs to be told :heart: