First year results

Help Support CattleToday:

NolanCountyAG":2yskeiip said:
True Grit Farms":2yskeiip said:
NolanCountyAG":2yskeiip said:
On the first group that had the 3 head that didn't show heats, I was using the SelectSynch+CIDR. So if one doesn't show heat when using that, when should you breed them?
I would of waited 6 hours and bred them. I've breed a heifer 3 times in a 24 hour period, and she took. I've often thought I should of used a different bull each time, but that's hard to do after you finally made your mind up in the first place.
Someone like BSE or CP would know a lot better than me when to breed them.

"Waited 6 hrs to breed from what? Protocol says to watch heat from day 7-13. So I'm not sure what point in that time frame you would breed a non responder."

On fixed TAI, you breed heifers at 52-56 hours after the CIDR pull on the 7 day CIDR protocol. Cows are 60-66 hours after the CIDR pull on the 7 day

Some cows/heifers just don't show any sign, whether you use sync or natural. So, with sync, you need to watch for heats, but breed any thing that does not show heat at specific hours (like Bovine Breeder said - although different sync programs sometimes recommend different hours for TAI). If she comes in after you bred her, breed her again.

Latest posts