First time in! Got him kilt! 10/1/2018

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good":30y0e6lm said:
Jogeephus":30y0e6lm said:
I'd like to know the rest of the story. What time did he come out and stuff like that. Did you have him patterned or was there much wait. You know, the campfire version.

This farm for what ever reason about four years ago, there started being some big bucks showing up mid summer and staying there till shortly after they would shed their velvet. After about 10/15 or so, you'd not get a pic of a big buck. So, this year I had this buck running with a 130ish 8 point and two yearlings my cameras told me that they would leave there bed then go to this hidden pond in the timber and get a drink, then come up this laneway between these cedars then where it started to open up in to pasture they were staging up waiting for dark. so, I placed a stand in triple elm in that area. When the season opened the wind kept being wrong so I was getting nervous about them leaving finally on the first day of October the wind was right. I went in about 4:30 pm got settled in. At around 6:50pm I saw one of the yearling bucks, then another, then the eight then the big deer he was the farthest away 32 yards when he stopped in a opening slightly quatering to. Ran 80 yards and here he is! :nod: B&G

Awesome job patterning him B&G! Sounds like you really done a lot of leg work. Textbook mature buck behavior and a super buck to show for all your work. Thanks for the details. Congratulations again.

Latest posts