First snow this morning

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Got some snow on the grass this morning. Yesterday was wonderful. Blue and I walked the pastures. It was a magic experience. Him running around and playing like a clown. Leaves are almost gone, the oaks holding on. Cows grazing with passion and the calves in the same fashion. Pasture was still green, prettiest sight I have seen.

Better hold these times precious.

dun, I was amazed the impact those three heifers have made in the stockpiled area. But still aplenty.

inyati13":3t3nvnxy said:
Got some snow on the grass this morning. Yesterday was wonderful. Blue and I walked the pastures. It was a magic experience. Him running around and playing like a clown. Leaves are almost gone, the oaks holding on. Cows grazing with passion and the calves in the same fashion. Pasture was still green, prettiest sight I have seen.

Better hold these times precious.

dun, I was amazed the impact those three heifers have made in the stockpiled area. But still aplenty.
If it stays cold very long they will make an even bigger impact.
When I went out at midnight to turn on the trickler in the freezeproof waterer we had snow flurrys. But with the winds from the north it may have actually landed in lousiana

Snow here in Michigan, Grand Rapids - Lansing area too. Three fatal accidents last night, black ice. Snow still on the ground this morning. Yesterday it rained most of the day , turned to snow at 2:00 then snow and blow all afternoon.
Hello winter.

I would love a foot of snow. We are once again sweating the opening of our Ski Area!

dun":28jbz4n6 said:
I've already had my fill of winter, I'm ready for summer!
Surely nothing like we are having though - around 100 deg forecast for the next couple of days, dry and windy.....I'm going to age prematurely and shrivel up like a raisin if it does not rain soon :p

It's winter, kinda sorta. Still pretty mild, for winter. Freezes at night, thaws in the day. Need to check the anti-freeze in the equipment. Trouble is, it ain't getting better. When it doesn't thaw even in the day--that's winter.

3waycross":2swfqnzr said:
I would love a foot of snow. We are once again sweating the opening of our Ski Area!

Tell you what 3way.. You can keep that foot of snow and any other up there for your ski area, and we will keep a warm sunny day here. deal?? :lol2:

Limomike":1gh04jeb said:
3waycross":1gh04jeb said:

Tell you what 3way.. You can keep that foot of snow and any other up there for your ski area, and we will keep a warm sunny day here. deal?? :lol2:

Heck Mike we live 18 miles from the Ski Area and they get 10 times more snow than we do. It just seems that they never get it early enuf anymore.

dun":3ujvwvya said:
I've had enough. 12 dgrees this mroning

Me too. I ahte winter--hate it's guts and feathers, and we hardly even have one, but I had to put some shoes on to be able to sit on the back steps, have my coffee and watch the sun come up this morning. Pretty breezy--dang breezy in fact.
( I saw a stray cat blow by in the wind. Yours?? )

I would settle for precipitation in any form right now. We average an inch and a third in November as well as first frost and it's dry as a bone and seventies. I'm so ready to spend a few months just running the AI route and then sitting at home and watching it rain that I'm genuinely worried about my sanity if it doesn't start happening here pretty quick.
A winter like the last one could really break a lot of us out here and it sure isn't looking to good so far.