First cut

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
We just finished baling one 30 acre portion, and actually got 64 big round bales. Most we ever got out of that. I cant wait to see what we get out of the 80 acres in the bottom land. Its going to have to dry out a bit more before cutting it though.

Limomike":31ci7d2t said:
We just finished baling one 30 acre portion, and actually got 64 big round bales. Most we ever got out of that. I cant wait to see what we get out of the 80 acres in the bottom land. Its going to have to dry out a bit more before cutting it though.
2 bales to the ac is real good.anytime we bale hay i like to ave 2 or more bales to the ac.

Two bales to the acre??? shoot it is so dry in Alabama I would just like to have two bales!! :roll: :roll:

if you guys need some feed let me know.... i dont know where im gonna put 2nd and 3rd crop if its as good as 1st, i need more room.... we made round bale silage last week.... 4x5s..... 102 off 18 acres.

yep.. that 2 bales to an acre was really good. Now I gotta start hauling it in this morning. This is the time of year I like.. I think. :lol:

We finished baling 17 acres of a portion of 80 acres, and got 62 bales! Figure that up for the whole 80. (I lost my calculator) :shock:

limo I believe that will be about 292. Don't hold me too it( might have lost my touch since the summer started). But thats over 3.5 an acre. We just got 45 on about 20 acres that the grass was real thin on, which was a pleasant surprise. good luck with the rest and let me know how close i was

DBC.. I will do that.. If you are correct, it will be the best haying season we have ever had.

Latest posts