First calv of the year

Help Support CattleToday:

dane12

Reaction score
CandL.jpg

Lucky2.jpg

Lucky.jpg

Nothing like getting that first calv of the year. this is her first calv all done with no help. :lol:

i like to see those funny markings. what breed(s) are they?

dane12":25bfm8w2 said:
Aero":25bfm8w2 said:
i like to see those funny markings. what breed(s)
are they?
Brangus with hereford bull
Clarabell07052004.jpg

Whoa hold the horses I ain't never seen no Hereford bull on a Brangus cow throw a dairy looking calf with ears, you sure you ain't got a Holstien bull. I have brangus and have for years and I run Hereford bulls I have never seen anything but baldies and brockles.

Caustic Burno":3pcdejmd said:
dane12":3pcdejmd said:
Aero":3pcdejmd said:
i like to see those funny markings. what breed(s)
are they?
Brangus with hereford bull

Whoa hold the horses I ain't never seen no Hereford bull on a Brangus cow throw a dairy looking calf with ears, you sure you ain't got a Holstien bull. I have brangus and have for years and I run Hereford bulls I have never seen anything but baldies and brockles.

:lol: Same thing I was thinking. I can accept the white on the legs and underbelly as "hereford" - but not that white patch on the top of the rump and 3/4 of the way up the tail. I thought 'part holstein' when I saw the first picture.

I have rolled this one around a little now that cow ain't been to close to a brangus in a long time as that white is not going to come through as dominant.Second you have never seen a spotted up calf like that one out of a Hereford and Brangus cross that calf would have been black.
You sure you aint running polled longhorns.

Caustic Burno":3romlbqp said:
I have rolled this one around a little now that cow ain't been to close to a brangus in a long time as that white is not going to come through as dominant.Second you have never seen a spotted up calf like that one out of a Hereford and Brangus cross that calf would have been black.
Midnight.jpg

well since none of them are purebreeds who knows here is the mom of the spotted one

Well she ain't Brangus maybe an F-1 but not Brangus with the markings on that first time heifer you had better keep her till she dies. Man that one would hurt you at the sale barn with those markings might be money ahead when she gets old or ballon teats just to shoot her.

Caustic Burno":9onpd3yi said:
Well she ain't Brangus maybe an F-1 but not Brangus with the markings on that first time heifer you had better keep her till she dies. Man that one would hurt you at the sale barn with those markings might be money ahead when she gets old or ballon teats just to shoot her.
Come on Caustic, don't you think she will bring enough to pay the sale barn commission? :lol:
She looks like maybe a little water buffalo in her background.

dane12":3mqbge9k said:
Caustic Burno":3mqbge9k said:
Midnight.jpg

well since none of them are purebreeds who knows here is the mom of the spotted one

She is no F1 Angus. No horns on them there cattle. Rid yourself ofthose that are unpredictable.

Scotty

la4angus":mnfo5s25 said:
Caustic Burno":mnfo5s25 said:
Come on Caustic, don't you think she will bring enough to pay the sale barn commission? :lol:
She looks like maybe a little water buffalo in her background.

La4 I have been spurrin the boy pretty hard about his "Brangus" now I am going to give him some fatherly advice.
I don't know what kind of bull your running Dane but he ain't Hereford sell him go buy you the best Angus bull you can afford.
Now get you two or three calf crops out of him culling there mommas, sell your Angus in three or four years and come back with a good Hereford or Char bull make baldies or Smokeys and you will be money ahead.

look at the first pic. Either that calf is HUGE or that is a small cow. That calf looks like it would have to get on it's knees to milk. It maybe the pic angle. I have been raising brangus and have around 150. one of us aren't raising brangus. That is one neat looking cow and calf anyway.

well here is the full story about that calv it is out of one of the naboers bull .bull came for a visit from about 3 miles down the road bull sure looked like a hereford/cross anyhow they where calling him whitey so maybe you are on to something.we had a heck of a time getting him out of there.

plbcattle":1uynffr1 said:
look at the first pic. Either that calf is HUGE or that is a small cow. That calf looks like it would have to get on it's knees to milk. It maybe the pic angle. I have been raising brangus and have around 150. one of us aren't raising brangus. That is one neat looking cow and calf anyway.

it is not that big it is the picangle