257m5w6.jpg

2liu6q1.jpg

Leopard Blind
jjw9ia.jpg

2hckk0j.jpg

29ygh1l.jpg

x215kl.jpg

J&D Cattle":2m4onv7z said:
I'd love to see the country and the animals. What kind of rifles and calibers did you take?
First Hunt. Remington 700 7mm Mag. Handloaded 175 grain Nosler Partition.

Second Hunt. Ruger M77 338 Win Mag. don't remember my handload. Sure the bullet was a Nosler Partition.

Third Hunt. Winchester Post 64 M70 375 Holland and Holland Magnum. M70 was one made after they went back to controlled cartridge feed. Handloaded 300 Grain African Grand Slam Tungsten Carbide Core.

Fourth Hunt. Same as Third.

2m7gdvk.jpg

African Hunting Dogs Pulling down an Impala.
wtgmyd.jpg

Eating Their Catch
2jdksk1.jpg

The Famous Save River. Pronounced Sa bi
2zdrqqh.jpg

The Angwa River. Located in the Chewore Safari District. Flows into the Zambezi not too far from here. Dry season, sand. Wet season - you would face a torrential torrent of water, malaria, belharzia (Schistosomiasis, actually it is worse in the pools that linger in the dry season), crocodiles, heat, etc. No one goes there in the wet season. Hunting is like the US, a winter time affair.
242vpyw.jpg

.375 H&H has a recoil reducer. Makes it heavy but extremely easy to shoot.

Here are natives doing laundry. This is a tributary to the Angwa. That pool is loaded with crocs. We stood above those girls and counted 8.
154j0cl.jpg

Next two pictures was the culling elephant hunt. Most fun thing I have ever experienced. Walk within 20 yards of them while you are hunting.
21cs3tz.jpg

Look in the distance for the herd of elephants.
33o1c45.jpg

At least when I was there, the only way to travel is by Land Rover.
5luomo.jpg

The Zambezi Valley is the Africa of Ruark, Karamojo Bell, etc. I would rather read about Africa than be a millionaire and to go there is better than heaven!!!

I am not a fan of Ranch Hunts.

It was a great pleasure to prepare this. These pictures were taken in the days of light exposed film. I pulled a few old photographs and scanned them for this thread. I will post pictures of my Cape Buffalo when I find them.

Craig, that young man in the pictures is no longer me but there are memories that connect us. Fence, I guess I am a Prince. I have lived a very good life. A very lucky life. I have lived so many childhood dreams.

TT, I saw many lions in the same area where Cecil was shot. One may have been his sire or grandsire. As I understand the story, Cecil was shot on the perimeter of Wankie National Park near Victoria Falls. The game from Wankie wonders out into the Safari Districts.

My only lifetime regret is the limited time we have. Life is short. Not much can be properly done in a Iifespan of anything less than 500 years. I would lIke to have lived 100 of my 500 years on the Continent of Africa. The cradle of mankind. The continent where time is old and dusty. Where primitive primates are still survived by the chimpanzees, gorillas and man.

TGF. You better go soon. Things there are going to change.

Zimbabwe is an amazing country. I've got a soft spot for Namibia as it was my "first" with my Dad but the Zambezi Valley is incredible.

Latest posts