First 2 calves for this year

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
After 3 years with a Hudgins bred Brahma on top of some commercial primarily Angus with a few Char cross and a couple of Longhorns from a few years back we switched to a young black with a very small white splash on his face, Sim-Angus bull last year, the first calf was out of a white Longhorn with a little red on her (this calf is the mott face and the second out of an F1 Br-comm Angus first calf heifer) I think this bull is going to do alright.

Attachments

• calf 1 longhorn cow, simangus.jpeg
    calf 1 longhorn cow, simangus.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 28
  • calf 1B.jpeg
    calf 1B.jpeg
    749.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Calf 2 angus F1 first calf.jpeg
    Calf 2 angus F1 first calf.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 27
  • calf 2 b angus F1 first calf.jpeg
    calf 2 b angus F1 first calf.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
After 3 years with a Hudgins bred Brahma on top of some commercial primarily Angus with a few Char cross and a couple of Longhorns from a few years back we switched to a young black with a very small white splash on his face, Sim-Angus bull last year, the first calf was out of a white Longhorn with a little red on her (this calf is the mott face and the second out of an F1 Br-comm Angus first calf heifer) I think this bull is going to do alright.

3 more from last week or 10 days, I found some evidence of leaving one of the F1 Brahma/Char crosses a bit too long but the black bull is doing well, all black with some white on their face even if just a splash, the mott face cow is out of a char/Brahma F1 heifer so I was happy to see that color on him

Attachments

• Calf 5 2023 char cross f1 heifer black simm bull B.JPG
    Calf 5 2023 char cross f1 heifer black simm bull B.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 13
  • calf #4 2023 corriente cross simm bull B.JPG
    calf #4 2023 corriente cross simm bull B.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Calf 3 2023 black and white F1 Heifer Brama F1 bull.JPG
    Calf 3 2023 black and white F1 Heifer Brama F1 bull.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 13
3 more from last week or 10 days, I found some evidence of leaving one of the F1 Brahma/Char crosses a bit too long but the black bull is doing well, all black with some white on their face even if just a splash, the mott face cow is out of a char/Brahma F1 heifer so I was happy to see that color on him
I'd put odds on the tan calf outperforming the other two.

Latest posts