Fire ant bites!

Help Support CattleToday:

Meador_m

Reaction score
If anyone is like me and gets lit up by fire ants all the time and then spends all night scratching them in your sleep. (only to have your sock stick to them the next day and then rip back open at night, leading to a never ending process) then this might help. After your shower/bath; right before you go to bed, dab a little toothpaste on the bites, it will sooth the itch and is a lot cheaper than the anti-itch creams. and if nothing else maybe your feet won't smell as bad

Meador_m":15kh3aqa said:
If anyone is like me and gets lit up by fire ants all the time and then spends all night scratching them in your sleep. (only to have your sock stick to them the next day and then rip back open at night, leading to a never ending process) then this might help. After your shower/bath; right before you go to bed, dab a little toothpaste on the bites, it will sooth the itch and is a lot cheaper than the anti-itch creams. and if nothing else maybe your feet won't smell as bad
not to mention your spouses breath will be fresh and minty in the morning. :lol2:

rubbin alchol or store bought OH work perfect. Also dont scratch, sqeeze the poison out. And once you get bit enough you will become immune. I dont even notice the bites anymore (no bump or itch or anything, just feel the pinch when tehy actually get me). The ants are a bit crazier in Texas :cboy:

nap":3r3jins9 said:
I like the toothpaste idea. The other ideas sound a little masochistic to me.

No pain no gain. I went out and stood in an ant mound. I hope this works.

Walt

Txwalt":oz1sw7p6 said:
nap":oz1sw7p6 said:
I like the toothpaste idea. The other ideas sound a little masochistic to me.

No pain no gain. I went out and stood in an ant mound. I hope this works.

Walt

There ya go. Ive been bit so much they just cant bite me anymore. And im tellin you squeezing and not scratching alwasy better haha. Get that poison out.

Was listening to the radio and they said if you rubbed a pineapple grind on them it helps. Who knows though.

Toothpaste PERIOD!! I have tried everything, but toothpaste is the only thing I use now. I will say that the scratching till it bleeds and then applying alcohol works perfect on poison ivy. I actually put the alcohol on an air dried wash cloth and rub pretty hard. It'll be dried up when the sun comes up.

Break them open and dab with ammonia. The inject you with an acid and the ammonia neutralizes it. They clear up very quickly this way.

Wash with very hot water. The itching is caused by histamines produced by the insect bite. Exposing the affected area to hot water draws the histamines to the surface of the skin, where they are washed away.
The toothpaste may be doing the same thing.

novatech":1k7jmfno said:
Wash with very hot water. The itching is caused by histamines produced by the insect bite. Exposing the affected area to hot water draws the histamines to the surface of the skin, where they are washed away.
The toothpaste may be doing the same thing.

The hot water ( or hot air out of a hair dryer for hard to reach places :oops: ) takes the itch out for me whether it's ant bites or poison ivy. Don't know what it is but it works.

;-)

They don't make me itch. They just raise up and look like a teenagers pimple.

I don't have fire ants but…

We use aspartame on ant mounds around all of our buildings. I get it in bulk and dump about 1/3 a cup on the mound and walk away. 99% of the time they will be gone the next day. Aspartame is an artificial sweetener. Just pick up a hand full next time you go out to eat.

Aspartame was first made as an ant killer but they can make more money as sweetener then ant killers.

*** EDIT***
I have tried feeding it to my kids a few times but it doesn't work very good on them. I do know that a lot of people use it in there drinks all the time but there still kicking to. I might need to put it on my laptop screen to see if it works on that ant running around.

I don't know him off hand but I would if I saw him. I'm sure my father in law knows him.

myakka145":thfsnpuc said:
Break them open and dab with ammonia. The inject you with an acid and the ammonia neutralizes it. They clear up very quickly this way.

Ditto. Turpentine will work too.

I was in Texas once, taking photos at a roping arena.

I was wondering why the horses were stamping their feet so much?

I kinda felt this tingling/biting sensation - but figured it was a misquito or something?

Later on, I was having a shower and just about passed out when I saw all the Fire Ant bites. OMG. I think it looks worse then it felt.

I don't know how you all deal with them nasty little creatures.

And whoever has that ant avitar...it is giving me the creeps. LOL!

RodeoFoto":3poeu0l6 said:
I don't know how you all deal with them nasty little creatures.

For only $19.95 ( plus shipping/handling ), we can ship you all the ants you want in order to let you learn how to deal with them.

If this works out good for us, we will also get a info-commercial going on tv to try and sell all of you that don't have them some of these wonderful ants. Could be more profitable than cattle. :nod: